What to do about Fibromyalgia

So my Rhumatologist sent me for blood work and said if everything was negative I have Fibromyalgia and everything came back fine. Should I be happy? Well that's better than lupus that's for sure. But what do I do now? The other day I almost drove into a car. I was thinking "turn left" and had my left blinker on but went right. That's not the only time it's happened it seems like my brain is slow delivering messages lately. Is that from the fibro or something else? Help!

dharmas_mommy

Asked by dharmas_mommy at 10:20 AM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Health

• Has your doc checked you out for candida? Whatever they say/said follow dietery advice for healing a leaky gut (all manner of books and sites on this). I radically overhauled my diet. It's the only thing that 'cured' me. I was heading for a wheelchair future but now.... BINGO!
    Mamkind

Answer by Mamkind at 10:40 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Fibrofog. You probably aren't getting restful sleep. Your doctor may prescribe a low dose antidepressant (Elavil) or a muscle relaxant (Flexeril) so you get more restful sleep. These are cheap meds. Gabapentin helps with chronic pain and sleep. I can't function without it. It is very expensive, close to $1000 a month. I also get migraines and it prevents migraines.

Some people with fibromyalgia think they are disabled. I have other medical problems and wish I only had fibromyalgia. I've learned to ignor pain, pace myself, recognize when I shouldn't do certain things, and how to function as best I can.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:42 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• healing a leaky gut? I'm not having any stomach problems *knock on wood* I also have Esptein Barr and Endometriosis which make me tired with a lovely pain filled center. He wants to put me on Cymbalta but I can't afford the 75$ a month. The "fibro fog" makes me worry a bit - will meds really help that?
    dharmas_mommy

Answer by dharmas_mommy at 11:50 AM on Oct. 20, 2009