Would you accept this offer? (Baby Daddy Drama)

Ok. When I was 5 months pregnant my son's father left. I had him 9-19. He was out of the state and could not be there. It took him about a week to come see him (he was still in the hospital) NOW..My son is 4 weeks old and he has not seen him again. We talked for about a week after he was born and he told me he had been seeing someone else and basically told me that he wanted to be with me but until he heard from me that I wanted him, he was going to stay with her because he doesn't want to be alone. Well, I didn't say it. She found his phone, and found out he had been talking to me..and now I have not heard from him. He won't even text back when I send him pictures of his son! I realy miss him and it's really got me depressed lately..it's all I can think about and it hurts that he's not around for my baby. I blame myself. I guess I already know but...should I try? Or has he already answered that for me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• I wouldn't try. If he doesn't want you enough to not be with other people- to call you regularly- to make more than very minimal effort, its not going to work anyway. You don't need that drama.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 10:36 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• At the time we were talking he did apologize and go on and on about how much he loves me, he should never have left, he was sorry...How she is nothing like me..he wants to be a family..I gave him a beautiful baby and he wants to be with me.
    I can't help it, I am in love with him. This hurts so bad..What can I do?

If WE were so wrong, how could we have made something so right???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• He's got to man up enough to want you more than he doesn't want to be alone. Seriously, spending your life with one person makes absolutely no sense--- you have to want it beyond reason and he's way to analitical. You don't need him coming and going on you. If you talk to him again, tell him that you need to know that hes for real and going to really, truly be with you and a family. If you want him, if you're going to regret not trying, then its better to give it a go now, before your son will remember if it doesn't go well (and when you'll have things figured out when he is old enough to remember).
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 10:43 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• If he wanted to be with you he WOULD be with you! He has stepped out of your life and you do not need to put up with any of it! Not wanting to be along is a BS excuse - do want him to be with you simply because he doesn't want to be alone? You and your son are better than that!
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 10:45 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• i am sorry that5 this is happening to you with a new baby and all, i have my two oldest that are now n16 and 18 and married their father, went through hard timesm even had to have help from family with diapers and went through a very abusive relationship, got divorced and imy kids are fine they were little then and still remember the fighting, and they know now that he was never there for any of us even when he wsas in the home, went through the cheating too, your child is better off without him and all the pain you are going through please stay out of his life, but as for him shame on him for not wanting baby, he will regret it someday, you will find someone else someday, take a deep breath and see what you have a beutiful new baby and you are a good mommy
    momupnorth

Answer by momupnorth at 10:58 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• If you really wanted to be with you he would be trying, not the other way around. You're single. You have his baby. You're not running around. You obviously are still trying to contact him since your sending pics of the baby. Whats he given you but heart ache? Don't send him any more pictures or anything. Eventually he will either realize how much he messed up, and if he doesn't then that is even more of a reason to believe he isn't worth your time.
    crissygottberg

Answer by crissygottberg at 11:03 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I am sorry to hear about all that he has put you through. You need to move on... he has and he has also abandoned you and your baby. Do you really want to be with someone who doesn't care? You are better than that. I know how it feels, my son's dad (SD) left when I was 3 months pregnant and only came to visit twice after my son was born... you gotta stay stong for you and your baby, you have done what you could to involve him by sending pictures but he is unresponsive... please just stop trying... you will only hurt more if you continue to try with someone who is heartless towards you and your son!

God bless you... I wish you the best of luck and to have strength to get through this!
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 11:18 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• relationship..over...

file for child support now, talk to him about visitations and make this only about your child...the relationship is gone...he's a loser, a liar and immature.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 11:25 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• If you can love this man you can love a good man. Let it go. File for custody and child support before he does. What if this other woman wants your baby and convinces him to try and get the baby from you. She might even do it just to hurt you.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:26 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• "if we were so wrong how can we make osmethingn os beaut"
    shit happens..things end...their are A LOT of single parents out their, im sure their children are pretty too.

it is over and you need to move and be strong, its not about you anymore.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 11:27 AM on Oct. 20, 2009