Is this some of the result of Obama continueing to pass the vote?

Soldiers dad says they were like "sitting ducks"

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gJhlgD6UZ7h-Z6-p19JNM0mWF3iAD9BEGKG00

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Will we keep hearing more of this or will Obama poo or get off the pot?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• IDK, he is dragging it out as long as possible. His anti-war supporters are very loud.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• One of the most verbaized complaints liberals has against Bush was that he was dragging out a needless war, while supporting Azzhole for his insinuations that he would fight a good war and save our soldiers. What happened, Where are they, they've shut the hell up haven't they. Liberals, where are you now with your birkies and your hemp tshirts crying out loud for change and a stop to the war. Your azzhole in charge is still at war and losing his good fight by being present, hell he isn't even voting present on the matter he is just present refusing to make any decisions till the November '10 elections. Why don't you just admit your messiah took you on that one, you believed all his crap and asked for more? The soldiers are still dying, the war still rages on, yet for some UNKNOWN REASON your voices and keyboards have become silent. Hypocrites every last one of you libtards. Every last one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• "Led by an Army band, Stephan Mace's flag-draped casket was borne to the grave site on a horse-drawn caisson.
    American commanders didn't reinforce Keating or pull the troops that were there out in time, Larry Mace said.

Without more troops and firepower, the Taliban-led insurgency will grow stronger. But devoting more people and equipment risks an open-ended commitment to a war increasingly unpopular with the American public. ..."

Un POPULAR ?! This notion that a war should be the subject of a POPULARITY CONTEST is an invention of childish liberals who still treat the world like high school.

Demonstrate against the cutting down of a tree if you like, or the closing of a park - but leave the decisions about soldiers' lives in the hands of their military leaders !!

There is NO EXCUSE for liberal politicians to dither about troops for the sake of appeasing leftist idiots with loud mouths. This is the REAL world !
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 12:20 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I support Obama is waiting to see what happens. The administration has already signaled they want to see what happens internally in Afghanistan, whether there’s new elections, more important, what kind of government is formed. So I think the administration’s going to hold back sending more troops for quite a while is a good decision.
    Anonymous

• From the article: Yet strict rules of engagement kept the soldiers from taking aggressive action to prevent an attack, Larry Mace said.

~This worries me. They [Taliban] are not fighting a war we can fully engage in because of the rules of engagement. The Taliban KNOW the rules of engagement, they KNOW how to play them AGAINST our troop. It's sickening that there is nothing else our troops can do. Liberals cry that our troop are beasts if step outside of the box to engage in this particular enemy they way THEY NEED to be handled. Then they won't commit more troops.  I am scared the troop are being set up for failure in Afghanistan. jmo.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I really hope he wakes up about this. Our troops NEED the extra men.... more and more will DIE :( if they don't get what they need!!

I respect peoples opinions about the war but when it comes to the ones who are actually putting their lives on the line they should have EVERYTHING they need and some wants too!!

My husband has personally lost 4 men close to him... how many more is this going to happen to?!?!

I think our "rules of engagment" are f*ing stupid!! Not able to shoot until shot at and blah blah.... r u kidding me?!!? u think those MURDEROUS TERRORISTS are "playing by rules".. uh no
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:51 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I just went back and searched all the familiar libtard names on CM from the past year, they are either no longer members are haven't logged in in months, the few left are being astonishingly quiet. Crickets from the cowardly hypocrites, frickin crickets. But I am glad to see, many have left, tails between legs I hope.

Anonymous

• "I opposed this war from the beginning. I opposed the war in 2002. I opposed it in 2003. I opposed it in 2004. I opposed it in 2005. I opposed it in 2006. I introduced a plan in January to remove all of our combat brigades by next March. And I am here to say that we have to begin to end this war now."

This is Obama's BS while he was running for president.  He convinced millions of Americans he wanted peace.  He is so full of crap. 

Anonymous

• He is worried the very most about being reelected.

Everything else is secondary!

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 1:38 PM on Oct. 20, 2009