AF due today

I took a test today bfn. Can I still have hope. There is no sign of af showing up. I have been nauseated on and off heartburn like crazy and very tired. And my boobs omg they are heavy and tingling. What do you think? When should I take another test?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• when i got pregnant with my oldest daughter i took 4 pregnancy tests before one said positive. i was 10 weeks and had missed 2 periods before the test came out right. but they say that a pregnancy test is really very accurate. my other 2 kids i had a possitive test by 4 weeks.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 10:56 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I'd wait a week or so and see if your period comes.. If not then test. You're stressing out that can cause your period to go off track. By the way, it's far too early in the pregnancy for the heartburn to be related to the pregnancy.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 10:57 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• You could still have hope. Heartburn was my first sign. A lot of girls get pregnancy symptoms confused with period symptoms because they are both almost alike. If you have it in your head that you think you are pregnant, then it could make your period even later. but I know it's hard! Just do some things to take your mind off it :)
    heatherb8924

Answer by heatherb8924 at 10:58 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• It's not too early for heartburn because that was my first symptom and it was before my missed period and I have never got heartburn before I was pregnant :)
    heatherb8924

Answer by heatherb8924 at 10:59 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Here is something i copied off the internet, but sorry i can't remember where i got it... but it is your chances of getting a positive by the date after ovulation, among women you do end up being pregnant.

Chances of getting a + HPT:
    10 dpo : 35%
    11 dpo : 51%
    12 dpo : 62%
    13 dpo : 68%
    14 dpo : 74%
    15 dpo : 80%
    16 dpo : 88%
    17 dpo : 92%
    18 dpo : 99%

so according to this, if you have a "text book" cycle, you still have a 25% chance of getting a positive after your period starts if you are indeed pregnant. now if your period starts 18 days after ovulation, then you only have a 1% chance of still being pregnant.

good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• OP Thanks everyone! I just checked and I didnt get a bfp with my dd until i was 5 2/7 weeks. I will hold out hope until then.
    Anonymous