Skin care routine suggestions????

Good Morning ladies!

I am looking for some skin care routine suggestions.Keeping in mind that the buget is tight .

A little about me, I am 30 with what I think is combo skin oily some places and dry in others. Dont really have any wrinkles yet but still have acne and large pores with some old acne scars.

My goal is not to wear foundation anymore. I can never seem to find the right shade and trying to cover the acne with it just makes the acne look worse.

I have learned from this group that great makeup starts with great skin care.So please pass on any thoughts,tips or tricks to help me out.

mom23ks

Asked by mom23ks at 11:01 AM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I use St. Ives Apricot Scrub to wash my face every night, and then I put a little Sea Breeze on a cotton ball and rub it over my face. That helps with acne for me. I also do the Sea Breeze in the morning before I put on make up to help get rid of any oil or anything. I use Olay products, too, can't remember the exact names, but the daytime moisturizer and the night time cream. I'm also 30. I have sensitive skin. Hope that helps a little.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:07 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• AVON is completely affordable I help my clients put together routines all the time! You mainly need 3 products a cleanser, exfoliant and moisturizer. Toners masks and spot treatments are really great but sometimes on a budget its better to just get the bare necessities. You can either send me a message on here if you need more help or visit my site where you can also purchase Avon products. free shipping code: fswer

shalaighc

Answer by shalaighc at 11:13 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I wash my face nightly with Ivory soap, and slather on Vitamin E cream ... but that's more to help with wrinkles and tone. For adult acne, it may be more than just oily skin like a teenager. It may be a hormonal imbalance or stress. Right after I had my daughter, I had acne on my arms and legs and my face broke out no matter what I did! But after a few months, and with the help of birth control, my face cleared up.
    I also encourage you to wear foundation. You wouldn't go out of the house naked! Same applies to wearing foundation. As long as you wash your face nightly, foundation provides a barrier to all the nasty things in our air, and if you get one with SPF, it also helps fight sun damage. I LOVE Revlon Colorstay. It has been compared to makeup like MAC. It last for 24 hours, does not smudge with sweat, and does not take much to provide coverage. I picked it up for $7 with a instore coupon and it lasts for months
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 11:25 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I have used MK for years. I think they have a good routine....cleanse, tone, moisturize every morning and night and mask/exfoliate twice a week. If you contact a MK rep, let them know up front that you want a matching shade in foundation because they know its a "try before you buy" deal. That goes the same for using their acne treatment. I am sure there are great products out there, but on a personal note, the minute I tried MK's moisturizer, I never have purchased anything else.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 12:49 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I love the Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser (Blue bottle about $6.00). My skin has started to look better after a week using it. It gets rid of the makeup pretty well. So, you actually have clean skin when your next application.

I don't know how much, I got a sample, Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant. I have horrible acne and with the medication that my doctor has put me on, my skin has become super dry and flaky. This take the dead skin off and my skin feels very soft.

For the large pores, try getting an appointment with a Derm. They can put you on a Retina-A acid medication. After about 10 months, any acne scares, large pores will start to reduce. Per my doctor*. I have not been on it for very long to see the visible reduction, other than my acne going away at this time.
    Anonymous

• I use Mary Kay products. They work great and are affordable. Using the TimeWise Miracle set helps reduce fine lines, pores, and gives your skin an overall better appearance. I've been using these products since I was 15 and love them so much. There are also other products that can help with different skin problems. Check out my website www.marykay.com/sking98. Right now I'm offering free shipping, free gift with a $40 purchase and 15% off of any $50 purchase.

Let me know if I can help you with anything else!
    sduncan

Answer by sduncan at 4:38 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I love Mary Kay products. For you, I'd recommend starting simply to treat your skin first. Foundation is a great help IF they are packed with antioxidants and vitamins to help your skin with the healing process. Unfortunately not all are. I'd recommend going with the Timewise 3-in-1 Cleanser for combo/oily (will gently cleanse, tone and freshen), the Timewise Day Solution wth SPF 25, and the Timewise Night Solution. For the enlarged pores, the MicroDermabrasion Set is by far and wide the best I've ever experienced and would greatly help in combination with the Timewise products. I am always more than happy to work with budget constraints to get you what you need as soon as possible or as affordably as I can manage. Feel free to drop me an email at julistover@yahoo.com, call (785) 418-5106 and/or check out my site at www.marykay.com/julistover. {put CafeMom in comments for great discounts}. Good luck!
    Momof4whomebiz

Answer by Momof4whomebiz at 11:36 AM on Oct. 21, 2009