Chance of miscarriage?

I am 10 1/2 weeks, i had a miscarriage earlier this year in May. This pregnancy everything has been great nothing to worry about, i have been throwing up regularly, sore breasts, no blood, no cramping. Its hard to not worry about miscarrage when it has already happend once. Do anyone think it will happen this pregnancy too?

melissa78155

Asked by melissa78155 at 11:02 AM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They say that once you had a miscarriage your next pregnancy will be healthy and go to term. I miscarried last year at 6 weeks and now I am at 14 weeks. It is still in the back on my mind that something might happen again but your chances do go down once your into your 2nd trimester. Hang in there I am sure everything will be fine.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 11:06 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• No one can tell you whether you will have a miscarriage. Try to relax, it sounds like things are going well. I had several miscarriages, but have 3 beautiful, healthy sons now. I know how hard it is to not worry constantly about losing a baby when you've already been there. Take care of yourself and your baby, follow doctors orders, and try to distract yourself with other activities. Remember many women have miscarriages and go on to have healthy babies.

Best wishes
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:06 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• that isnt a question anyone can answer. I hope it doesnt, losing a baby is a very hard thing to go thru, just do what you are suppose to and have faith that you will deliver a health lil one. good luck
    wyattgrace

Answer by wyattgrace at 11:06 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• My understanding is that having one miscarriage does not increase your risk of miscarrying again. of course if you have some undiagnosed problem that led to the miscarriage, then you could miscarry again.

i do not think you will have another miscarriage, and i hope that i am right . :) gl
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• You almost to the "safe zone" which is generally at around twelve weeks. Plus, doctors have told me that once you see a heartbeat via ultrasound, your chances at that moment are 97% that you will carry the baby to term. So just seeing that little blip on the screen (if you have) has lowered the chance of miscarriage way down. Most pregnancy loss is to due to chromosonal damage in the baby that would not allow it to live normally once born. It's also more common in first timers. Nausea is also generally a sign of a healthy pregnancy. Honestly, I think you are fine. I went through the same thing with my daughter after having a miscarraige. I was a nervous wreck, and she was perfect when she was born. Good luck to you!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 12:39 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I have also heard that nausea and morning sickness is a good sign that you will be less likely to miscarry. however, i had a miscarriage a year ago this month and i was extremely sick (nauseous and throwing up and could not keep any food down, not even jello and saltines). do not take morning sickness as a for sure sign that you will carry to term.
    Anonymous