Real Christians Are Pro-Choice?? How do you feel about this?

I am not Christian, I am very pro-choice. And I made a comment on a question the other day (Health section I think) about why I am pro-choice and of course there was a flood of Pro-Lifers that stated their religious beliefs wouldn't allow them to be anything but. Which is fine, whatever, doesn't really bother me. But then I got this message from a woman that said she wanted to say she was sorry for all the "so called Christians" that bashed my view. Here's part of her message, tell me what you think.

"I'm sorry that those women acted the way they did. Anyone that claims to have Christ in their heart know better than to act like that. I am Christian & Pro-Choice. Any real Christian understands that God only takes those he wants in heaven, so to be Pro-Life goes against all Christian beliefs in God. If God wants that baby to be with him in heaven it's not for any worldly government to stop"

Is this woman nuts or is it me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I actually can see where she is coming from. I know this is only one extreme example BUT Maybe the mother is very messed up, drugs, drinking etc etc and by having to work through the hard decision to abort or not she finds God and is able to change her life, MAYBE just MAYBE God had a plan for her and that plan included this step in her life. If this was all part of God's plan (which all true Christians believe in) then the baby fulfilled its role in earth and was welcomed into heaven and taken care of. Truly though who are we to even begin to claim that we know God's plan!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Personally, I feel like if God "wanted" that baby in heaven the mother would have had a miscarriage or it would have died shortly after birth. Those I would consider acts of God...somebody going into a clinic and having a doctor 'take care of it' are not acts of God, that's man. I'm not trying to offend anybody or say one side is more right than the other, that's just my opinion on what she specifically said.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• nuts.... I'm pro-life... and a Christian... but I don't judge anyone for their decisions.... I am perfectly fine with agreeing to disagree with people... I hate the word religion.... I am not religious just because I go to church and read the Bible. I just basicall strive to have a spiritual relationship with my Father. It is not a religious reason why I think abortion is wrong. I believe that it is really sad to take away the life of the unborn child before they even got a chance to live. Don't they have a choice? And I do beleve in the Bible that says God knew us while we were still in the womb and had a plan for our life even then. He knows every hair on our head. I understand why some women do it. But I wouldn't. Even if I were raped and conceived outside of my marriage, I would have the child. You never know what plan God has for him or her. They may save lives, discover a cure for cancer, become president. Cont
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 11:15 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• This woman is helping you, Why would you think now that she is nuts?

I'm pro choice, I choose not to get pregnant and used birth control. I feel your choice is made before you get pregnant.

If forced to have sex than that is different. That is between you and God.
    I don't understand why people bash Christians when it come to abortion. I have never said God told not to kill! I just know it is wrong to kill you. You do not have to be Christian to know that!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:15 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I'd say she's nuts. A person could claim he murdered his mother because it was God's will for her to be in heaven. Umm... where's the personal accountability??
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:17 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Cont.... As for this woman... she seems confused maybe. And God is not the author of confusion, those who read the Bible know what I'm talking about. God doesn't pick and choose who he wants to go in heaven. We make the decision to become citizens of heaven when we except Jesus Christ into our hearts. I do believe all children are innocent even the unborn and that there is a place in heaven for them if they didn't make it to a mature enough age to make that decision.

As for the people with their Religious reasons for believing in something: "Jesus answered, "My Kingdom is not of this world." JOHN 18:36 We must get rid of the plague of the spirit of this religious age in which we live. The central point of the kingdom of Jesus Christ is a personal relationship with Him, not public usefulness to others."

You can't get into heaven by your good deeds and your following of sacrements... and especially....cont
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 11:21 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• God gives us free will some of us die because of the free will of others. I doubt too seriously God is for the brutal slaughter of the innocent. I think women and doctors who commit this vile act of murder will have to face God and answer to him why they felt the need to destroy what he created. Someone shot and murdered my dad they used their free will to make a choice that took my dads life. So should we legalize murder since that person by your theory was going to die anyway? Makes no sense. Murder is murder. A baby is not a part of the mothers body just happens to live in it for a very brief time. They are not a choice but a human life that can feel and has a soul. I don't understand selfish women who can make that choice. My oldest was a product of a brutal rape. Never entered my mind to murder her. She did nothing to me and is not even a reminder. She is a beautiful child God gave me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• "Real Christians" are imperfect and diverse. Doing something that is anti-Biblical actually doesn't mean you arent a Christian. If that were the case NONE of us could claim to be Christians.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:23 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• and you can't get into heaven by picketing outside of abortion clinics and making women feel horrible about their decsions.... who are we to judge.... have you ever cursed? lied? been drunk? No sin is greater than the other!
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 11:23 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I would think it was more along the lines of her minding her own business and worrying about her own salvation whereas the other women you encountered were in a sense telling you what you should think/feel/ do with your body.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:26 AM on Oct. 20, 2009