How can I wash baby oil out of my 15-month-old's hair?

I used baby oil to help loosen cradle cap on my son's scalp... it worked great, but now i can't get the baby oil out of his hair. I've washed it 4 times!

noliegirl

Asked by noliegirl at 12:26 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I had that happen not to long ago and asked around and tried different solutions and nothing worked,his hair wasnt as oily as it was but was matted to his scalp. so I used a drop of dawn dish soap and it worked like a charm. took the oil right out without drying out his scalp and his hair was soft!
    Kayge

Answer by Kayge at 3:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Aww, haha. It's will come out, don't worry. I've heard of women using baby powder in their hair when it gets greasy...I'm not sure if it would have the same effect on a child with baby oil in his hair. It probably wouldn't hurt to try though...as long as you make sure he isn't breathing in the cloud of powder. Good luck...I'm sure it will get better in a few days though :)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:28 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Cornstarch. Comb some cornstarch through his hair & rub on his scalp. Then wash out with baby shampoo. Depending on how much baby oil is in his hair it might take doing it twice. It worked for me.
    megs1228

Answer by megs1228 at 2:39 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Kayge- Dawn Dish Soap is also what our dermatologist recommended we try b/c it is in her books for handling cradle cap :D
    schmoo_mommy

Answer by schmoo_mommy at 5:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• i used the cradle cap stuff you guy and it left a nice oily leftovers in their hair, i just used regular dish soap like Dawn to get out the oily stuff. just be careful not to get it in their eyes.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 10:04 AM on Jun. 25, 2008