What is your favorite low calorie cocktail?

Just trying to watch my calories.... LOL.... would love more ideas...

goldielock37

Asked by goldielock37 at 11:23 AM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Food & Drink

• If you are looking for a COCKTAIL- soda water (seltzer- calorie free) with flavored vodka of your choice (Black Cherry Smirnoff was surprisingly good!!) but the higher end vodkas(Absolut and up) are generally the best.. a squeeze of fresh lemon or lime NEVER hurts either!! Mix in 3to1 or 4to1 portions to keep from over-calorie-ing lol...
    white wine is also fairly low calorie if you stick to one or two glasses!! Pinot gris/grigio for a drier fruity taste riesling for a sweeter wine and for a fun change try rose (not white zin!!!)
    ...you could also use stevia in place of sugar in recipes.. or blue agave syrup in place of simple syrup it is sweeter tasting naturally so you can use less... I am a bartender, former pastry cook for a large hotel, and a natural health/nutrition nut...
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 12:15 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I love plain ice water!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:26 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• r u looking for mixed drinks?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:34 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• 18 year old single malt highland scotch is wonderful for sipping.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:43 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I think vodka is low cal. just watch what you mix it with, you could mix it with diet or juice but juice has alot of calories...as much as soda I think.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:59 AM on Oct. 20, 2009