Cramping and pressure during workout while pregnant?

I work out for a half hour 4-5 times a week. I am four months pregnant. The doctor said it is perfectly fine to stay active while pregnant because I was before. Lately, about half way into my workout ( I do the eliptical), I get pretty moderate cramping in my lower abdomen, and feel pressure in my lower pelvic area. Is this common? I plan on asking the doctor at my check up in two weeks, but I just wanted to know if anyone else had this happen. Also, do you think it is ok to keep working out? I know your not doctors, but sharing your experience would be really helpful to me. Thank you!

greenfairy9

Asked by greenfairy9 at 11:30 AM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-1 Credits)
  • i had to stop the elipticl machine when i was pregnant for the same reason, i think it put too much stress "down there"
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:36 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I did the same thing before... That is when I knew I had to slow down and walk before ,I was on bedrest. Call your Dr's. office and talk to the nurse. Slow down... Your growing a baby... Congrat's.
    goldielock37

Answer by goldielock37 at 11:42 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Call your doctor, but i think its normal. When i run i get pressure in my pelvis, but its because youre pelvis is stretching at this point, and your basically bouncing a basketball on it. I've ALWAYS cramped in my pelvis and ribs, so i dont see that as a problem either for myself. So, to be safe call them, but if the cramps arent regular (meaning they arent contractions) it should be okay. However, you know your own body best, and no one on a messageboard can give you proper advice with this, really.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 1:06 PM on Oct. 20, 2009