how long did you need to sterlize baby bottles?

My daughter is four months old and I was wondering how long....i read 6 months...what is ur opinion?

Danickasmom

Asked by Danickasmom at 11:31 AM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I sterlized bottles until my daughter was 6 months old. I went to her doc and asked how long do I have to sterilize everything? And he said I never had to at all. As long as you wash it in hot water with soap, there is no need. I typically put the bottles in the dishwasher and I have a basket for the nipples and pacifers. They used to recommend sterilizing before chlorine was in the water. If you want, ask your doc next time you go
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 12:15 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I sterilized them in the dishwasher the first time and then just hot soapy water after that.

dishwasher gets hot enough.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:50 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I did it right out of the package and not after that. I used Playtex drop-ins. Just hot soapy water on the nipples, rings, caps and bottles.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:56 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I boiled them when I first bought them then after that the only sterilizing I did was soaking/washing them in hot soapy water and that was from birth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I never sterelized my son's bottles and I won't with my daughter's either. I will wash them thoroughly in hot soapy water, but aside from that I won't go to any extra lengths.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:34 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• We did till about 5 or 6 mos. and now I just wash them all in the dishwasher, which is sterilizing, I guess.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 12:47 PM on Oct. 20, 2009