Anyone else's cat help them compute?

My siamease cat loves to bother me while I am using the computer, especially in the morning. She won't lay on my lap or the nice shelf I've left empty for cats. She has to stand in front of the monitor and get petted or lay between the monitor and keyboard with feet on the keyboard and mousepad. She is so sweet I hate to throw her down. She jumps back up anyway.

Gailll

Asked by Gailll at 11:51 AM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Pets

• my cat tries to lay on the keyboard and i have a laptop so it makes it way harder and i have my snakes cage on my desk and my cat gets up here to mess with my snake... so i just put the cat out side haha
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 11:55 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• that's why i don't have cats, they're annoying...i can tell my dogs to go on and they will listen
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I have six cats and all but one of them will come up and either lay in front of the keyboard or on it. THe one that doesn't is the best computer kitty because most of the time she will just sit in my lap the times she doesn't she has learned over the years the best way to lay on the desk so that she is not in my way.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 12:03 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I have a lap dog that is my lap top companion! My CM co-pilot : )
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 12:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• We had a cat that used to get up onto the computer desk and plop her well fed body right down on the left side of the keyboard. That side of course containing the Escape key. Which would in turn shut down any program that we were running. Ahh yes, those were the days. When she wasn't doing that she would sit on our lap and demand to be pet, or try to sit on the mouse while you were using it. We had another cat who used to sit on the back of the computer screen. (This is back when the family had the full bodied monitor.) Which wouldn't do any harm except get cat fur all down inside the fan of the monitor.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:33 PM on Oct. 20, 2009