Do you know anyone that has had H1N1?

Do you know anyone that has DIED as a direct result of H1N1?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Health

• My son and father have both had it..

No, I don't know anyone who has died from it.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 11:58 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• A 10 year old in my town died from it. I didn't know her though.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 12:01 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• 4 kids from my girls school have confirmed cases. and 187 were sent home sick last thursday.

nobody I know has died.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:04 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• My best friends son has it...he is fine just a bad flu. I knew a lady who died but she had other medical issues which actually caused her death.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:05 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• My daughter had H1N1 in May. It was the flu!! 3 days of fever (the highest was 102.5), a few more of cough and congestion, one really gross bloody nose. Neither my husband nor I contracted it.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:56 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• rkoloms how old is your daughter?
    Anonymous

• DIED? No.

People don't die directly from H1N1. The deaths are from other causes. H1N1 is opportunistic and is potentially fatal for those with other issues.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:20 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• No, and I've known several people who've had it, my 2 year old son included. It's not nearly as bad as they've hyped it up to be.
    Swingkid511

Answer by Swingkid511 at 4:12 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• gdiamante: you are WRONG. There are otherwise healthy kids dying from the H1N1 flu. Those hardest hit are school age kids. 86+ kids have died from H1N1 since May and over 50 of those have been since the end of August. Just like the regular flu, healthy people can and do die from it.

I do know people who had H1N1 and they are ok. The are a lot of schools in Wisconsin closing because of HIGH cases of H1N1 going through the schools. I really don't believe it isn't that bad, because of all the schools closing because they have 80%+ absent rates. It may not be spreading bad in your area, but there are areas where it is.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:43 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• "People don't die directly from H1N1. The deaths are from other causes. H1N1 is opportunistic and is potentially fatal for those with other issues."

That's like arguing that people don't die directly from cancer. They die from complications caused by the cancer. It's not just people who have had other illnesses that have died from this virus. Learn your facts.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 5:57 PM on Oct. 20, 2009