Anyone have an IUD? Do you like it?

I have been thinking of getting an IUD. I was just wondering does it hurt when you get it? Any bleeding? How is your period normal? I have been on the Depo shot and I think it is making me gain weight and be more moody. Anything like this happen with the IUD?

BlainesMommy09

Asked by BlainesMommy09 at 12:02 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I've had the iud for 3 yrs now, and i love it!!! sometimes there can be moodiness, but only around your monthly. i have aperiod once every 3 - 4 months, i started with none but that changed when they had to change it durring a procedure down there. its not comfortable but its not as painful as contractions and such. i also think it depends on your pain tolerence.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 12:08 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• had mine for 2 years now. had odd periods the first year but havent had one for a year now. I do have the moodiness during my cycle but all BC has that. it was a little more of a pinch then your normal pap and other then that i dont ever have to think about it :) I did go for the 5 year plastic only cuz lots of people react to the 10 year copper IUD.

I love it and recommend it to all!!
    roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 3:48 PM on Oct. 20, 2009