I Can't Get a Flu Shot For My Son!

I recently moved from New York to Massachusetts. My son's new pediatrician will not accept a fax of his records and want them mailed. I have to pay for the records and it has been 3 weeks since the office in NY got the fax and they told me first they would bill me then once they received payment only then they would mail the records but the lady said when she got around too it it would get done! The pediatrician I want to send my son too said they won't give him a flu shot without his records! What am I supposed to do? I think my son should have had his shot done already and I havent even received a bill yet and even then once I send payment then I have to wait for them to send the records to the doctor. I think this is ridiculous that my son has to wait so long to see a Doctor. Is there anything I can do like a walk in clinic or a store or the ER that will give him his flu shot?

MiSSHiSCAMP0S

Asked by MiSSHiSCAMP0S at 12:03 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Try calling the Health Dept.

Im sure youll need some sort of medical record though. Is it too far to drive to go get them?
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 12:05 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Walgreens isnt supposed to give anyone under 18 a flu shot.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 12:06 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• our health department did them. They have been scheduling clinics on the weekends.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:07 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• medical records are not usually required prior to treatment. something strange is going on with your previous Dr. and your new one.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 12:08 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• target is doing them
    BitchesLoveBX

Answer by BitchesLoveBX at 1:02 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Go to the health department and get it done. I would also find a new doctor, this one you chose doesn't sound like he has a competent staff.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:02 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Be happy. Flu shots are shotty.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 8:41 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Some of the minute clinics will give them... but some have age limits on how young they will do them... and also keep in mind they are probably not very well trained in giving shots to a young child so it might not go as smoothly.
    I wouldn't go to an ER for 3 reasons... one this isn't an emergency and it's abuse of the system... second you would be exposing him to WAY more germs by going and sitting in an ER and third they probably wouldn't give it to him anyway, the ER isn't a clinic.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:46 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• go to www.flu.gov you can look up alternative locations to get the vaccine. Hopefully you have a copy of your son's shot record...
    Proverbs_31

Answer by Proverbs_31 at 11:59 PM on Oct. 20, 2009