What do you do when?

You are trying to lose weight and eat healthy, but you just don't have an appetite anymore? I'm not sick, I've been depressed lately and for the past 2 days I have no appetite what so ever. Food doesn't make me sick, I just have no desire for it. Should I make myself eat or wait and see if this feeling passes? Yesterday I ate a bowl of soup, half a pb sandwich and some grapes, thats it. I forced it down. This moring I ate a cup of fruit just to have something on my stomach. Now it's lunch time and I dont want anything. So should I force myself to eat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• make yourself eat. build it into a routine just like we do for the kids.

your body needs the fuel if it wants it or not.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:05 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• its not healthy to eat and u need to force it then
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 12:06 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• You need to get some good carbs & protein into your system. Force yourself to eat even half a turkey on whole wheat sandwich or something.
    Anonymous

• I've been in the same situation, where I have to force myself to eat. I got into this habit when I was younger and very depressed. I just didn't feel the need/want to eat anything and anything I fixed just wasn't appitizing at all. The trend continued with me and I to this day have my months where I barely eat anything during a single day. Most of which is forced due to my stomach begging me to eat. Not healthy. In these situations though, you do need to consume something. Whether it be something light like a bowl of soup or a simple salad. Enough food to satisfy your hunger. Make sure what you do eat is healthy, so your body isn't being deprived of the much needed nutrients. Call up your doctor and make an appointment though, sounds like you could use some proffessional advice.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:41 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Ask your health care provider for a referral to a mental health specialist.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:56 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Eat something simple but healthy like whole grain crackers and baby carrots with hummus. You need to eat something otherwise your metabolism gets all messed up because your body thinks your starving and it will hang on to every last calorie. If it continues you might want to see someone about the depression, they generally recommend going if the feeling lasts 2 weeks or more or if you start feeling you may want to harm yourself or others.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 2:49 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• *OP* Ok thanks you guys I really apprecieate the advice. I drank a slimfast for lunch so I would have something on my stomach, I'm still not hungry though. I used to be the type of person that LOVED food, I guess that's why I need to lose some weight, but anymore it just doesn't hold the same thing for me, I just want to eat to survive I guess. The more I read about it the more I think it's depression, because I'm going through a divorce right now. But I really do apprecieate the answers.
    Anonymous