What should i do? I have an almost expired RF carseat or a New FF??

I realize that keeping children rear facing as long as possible is the best thing for them. I would love to do that but unfortunatly we dont have money to buy another car seat and the one we did get (a couple months ago) is only FF. I know it is a great Carseat and that it will be very safe so i threw away the receipt and dont want to return the new one. I have 3 options... turn her around now.... keep her RF untill she is 1 or keep her RF until she outgrows the seat (which would be past the expiration date) I dont want to keep her in a seat that is past its date but just want to know what everyone thinks.
** she is 9 months.. and well past the limits to be FF...the seat says 2010 so it would be around her 1st birthday.....**

Newmom11309

Asked by Newmom11309 at 12:04 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• As long as you've owned the almost-expired carseat from the beginning and know you've been vigilant about keeping it right (no accidents, not washing the straps, etc) I'd personally keep her in the RF seat, even though it will technically be expired. Better than FF too soon IMO.
    Anonymous

• I would leave her in the RF seat until January and then if she makes the weight and height requirments for your state put her in the other one.
    cassey.e

Answer by cassey.e at 12:12 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• She isn't past the recommended limits to be forward facing. The biggest one is that they be a year old.
    Anonymous

• I would turn her at a year.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:21 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I would say $15 a month til January and get her a new convertible carseat at walmart. The Scenera is only $45 and has great safety reviews.
    http://www.walmart.com/Cosco-Scenera-Convertible-Car-Checkmate/ip/8054497
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 2:24 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• save*
    Natsnumberthree