Has anyone's toddler gotten H1N1?

My son is 14 months and because he is too young for the vaccine I just keep thinking that if he gets it it's like a death sentence. I know I'm over reacting but has anyone's toddler had it and gotten over it okay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• WHy do you think he's too young for the vaccine?? He's only too young for the mist version. He can get the shot version (which doesn't contain the live virus). And no, it absolutely isn't a death sentence. The vast majority of kids recover just fine from it. It's jsut the the media is hyping the more sensational aspects of it. I know there were a couple of posts from people who's kids had had it and did just fine. You might want to search for them. it might help..
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 2:23 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• my nephew is 17 months old and is recovering fine, just like with the normal flu....but his brother who is 7 and has asthma is having a harder time recovering....
    me and my son were exposed to the h1n1 virus by them and are still waiting to see if we have it or not...
    its not a death sentence, its just a little harder if the kids have existing health problems...
    Remeber a good defense, wash hands bleach surfaces as needed, stay 6 feet away from people coughing.....
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 3:39 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• He can have the vaccine... its available in my area for that age on Friday... Check it out. Call the ped tomorrow and try to set an appt.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 9:04 PM on Oct. 20, 2009