Gardasil for boys now? Thoughts ladies?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33347708/ns/health-kids_and_parenting/

mamakirs

Asked by mamakirs at 12:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• Neither my girls or my son will be getting this vaccine for more reasons that i care to put in here, BUT with that said, I am not against the vaccine being for boys instead of girls. In the land of HPV the boys are actually spreading it more, have no symptoms of having it, dont even know they have it or are spreading it, so, Im not against boys getting it, maybe that will help stop spreading it, but the vax is still too new and has too many side effects and there are too many strands of hpv to just vax against 4 of them. I think educating our kids is more effective than any vaccine they can make
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 12:59 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• No. Not for my daughter...not for my boys. When they are old enough to research and decide on that for themselves they can if they so choose, but I won't get it for them.
    Anonymous

• Well seeing how I refuse to get it there is no way my sons will be getting it either. It is a dangerous and unnecessary vaccine.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:47 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I agree with purpleducky. I won't be getting it for either of my kids. Bigpharma out to get more money if you ask me.
    sapient

Answer by sapient at 12:54 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• No way, no how.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:51 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• This was just on Dr. Oz. They are recommending the HPV shot for boys because there is a large number of teens having oral and heterosexual anal sex thinking that they will be safe. Sure, from pregnancy but not STD's. There are boys getting HPV from oral sex. I really don't think I will be giving my son the HPV shot but my niece is getting it when she turns 13 because her mom has cervical cancer.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:09 PM on Oct. 20, 2009