Do you use Freecycle?? Love it / Hate it

I love it, but hate when people try to give me there garbage. If it is garbage, make that clear, maybe someone can use it, or will use it.

I went to get snack trays, they were rusty and falling apart. I left them and emailed them kindly saying I don't want it. Why don't they just post it. It drives me nuts.

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 12:33 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LOVE freecycle. Unless somebody lives right around the corner from me I won't ask for something unless it's described well and I prefer pics so I can avoid that as much as possible.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 12:36 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• It's not well utilized in my very rural area, so I've never found anything on it - very slow. I'm jealous of all the deals I hear about other moms getting though. I've never listed anything either because it's easier to have a garage sale or pass it on to someone in need.
    Anonymous

• I use freecycle mainly to give away things we no longer use. I have received some nice things from there too. We were given a 27 inch tv in good working condition and all of my furniture in my first place came from freecycle. I too hate when people try to give away their trash!
    evansmommy03

Answer by evansmommy03 at 12:42 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Yes. Love it.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:49 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I"ve given things away on freecycle (two tvs, a toddler bed, & something else I can recall) One time someone didnt show up so I quit posting stuff. Someone posted some books once & I went & got those. But for the most part our freecycle for our county consists mostly of people asking asking asking for high priced items. Gets annoying to open my email & all I see is a long list of gimme gimme gimme & usually with specific requirments. I mean come on folks its FREE!
    Anonymous