Who is planning on having only 1 chld?

I have an 8 mos. old and I am near convinced that I only want one child. This is just too hard. DH and I both work full-time and are always stressed. NOt that I don't love her to pieces, but I couldn't imagine the stress of another kid in the mix, not to mention college costs, medical costs, etc. People that I know with multiple kids always seem harried and stressed. Is it cruel to just have one, as so many of my friends with 2+ kids claim or does 'misery love company?'

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• as of right now we plan on having only 1, but maybe in like 4years we will see where we are at and go from there....but for now one is enough and he isnt even here yet lol
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 12:51 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I wouldn't mind two, but my husband is pretty set on just one, which I'm okay with. We like to travel a lot, weekend day trips, visit family, etc and I think traveling with just one will be much easier than two. At least while they are little. And like you already said, it's easier to help with college for one child than two or more.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:24 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• It's YOUR decision. Your friends don't get input.

We didn't PLAN for one...but that's what we have and I would NOT have it any other way.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:10 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I only want one. I have to agree with gdiamante...ITS YOUR DECISION!
    lubell1217

Answer by lubell1217 at 8:58 AM on Oct. 21, 2009