Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do i get a divorce?

I cheated on my husband and told him about it. We agreed the getting a divorce would be the best thing to do..ATM he is in Iraq and doesnt know who or what to ask and either do I :/
We have 2 children and he said i can have my girls,He will also pay whatever it is that we need until i find a place and get a job..I dont want it to be ugly and either does he..We just want it legal..
any ideas?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (1)
  • If you both agree on everything you need to have a dissolution of the marriage. It is a fairly simple process but you will need to have an attorney assist you if you do not know what you are doing. You can check at legal aid also. Basically you do the paperwork, go to court a few times, and it is done. They may even be able to do it with him out of the country if he signs the paper and you go in to the hearing ex parte.

    Answer by evansmommy03 at 12:47 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.