When do you start packing for a weeks vacation?

We're going on vacation a month from now and I'm so excited I want to pack now but goodness only knows if my DD will even fit into the same size in a month let alone what we'll wear until then :) We are a family of 3 and my daughter will be 18 months then. If you have any suggestions as well I'd love to hear them! Thanks!

Xynyth

Asked by Xynyth at 12:26 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Travel

• I make my list a month ahead of time but as I do the laundry the week prior to the trip I pack the clean clothes.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 5:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I usually make a list a couple weeks ahead of time because everyday you'll think of something new to add to it. Then a week before the vaca I start packing and crossing things off the list I made. Have fun!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:30 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Make a written list now. Then a week before, start the actual packing. For myself, I only pack things that can be interchanged with each other. Do not pack a top and pants that are a design or color that can only be worn together. Knits pack well, roll them. I pack underwear inside shoes to save room. If you're flying, make sure you check out the new luggage restrictions. If you're going by car, that's a little easier. If you are, you can take enough pampers, favorite snacks, etc. so that you won't have to shop while you'd rather be vacationing. Have fun!
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 1:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I'm always worried about forgetting something so i layout our suit cases a week early and gradually add things, checking over and over to make sure i have things plus i print a list to double check at the very end.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 1:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Hmm I never would have considered a list! Thanks ladies! I have always been a last minute packer myself but now there are 3 of us!
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 2:23 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• i always do like these moms and make a list about a week ahead of time... but i dont actually start packing untill about 24 hours before leaving... that way i dont end up digging things back out of my bag
    RowanandOrion

Answer by RowanandOrion at 3:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I pack the night before usually. Anything you forget can usually be found wherever you are going. People tend to overpack...and then you buy tons when you go to a new place, and then have to lug it all back...LOL.
    MommytoNakoa

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 4:35 AM on Jul. 1, 2008