I have 2 year old twins noth boys who fight over everything sall the time. How can I get them to share without buying two of everything????

my boys can be the best of friends but also they fight constantly. how can I help them to share without buying two of everything?

Shannie023

Asked by Shannie023 at 12:57 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My twin boys are 2.5. If they won't share or take turns....I take the object away. A few minor meltdowns later and they got the point. Every once in a while it becomes an issue, but when I tell the I am going to put the toys in the closet, they quickly resolve the sharing issue. Regardless of which route you decide to take, stick with it. The beginning always seems overwhelming, but eventually they get it...even if it gives you some gray hair in the process. ;o) Good luck mama!!

twinnmom222

Answer by twinnmom222 at 6:17 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• i dont know the answer to that one, my 7 and 11 year olds do the same thing!
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:58 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Its going to be a fight for a while but you have to teach them how to share... shareing does not come naturally. Focus on toys and games that you all can play togtether. IF its a train set for example, help them set it up, help them pick out their trains then play with htem till they seem entertained... then step back and watch... when things start to go in the wrong direction, step in and gently redirect them back to what they were doing.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 3:05 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Heck my girls are 12 & 2 and they fight over everything!! its just sibling rivalry. DOnt matter what you do they will find something else to fight about.
    roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 3:37 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• enforce a strict 1 warning only time-out policy....and try not to pull your hair out or gauge out your own eyes before they turn 3. They'll get better at it if you continue to work with them, though all siblings have trouble with that at some point or another.
    Swingkid511

Answer by Swingkid511 at 4:07 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Don't buy two of everything! They will still fight and fight and fight. We use love and logic method. Any toy that is being fought over goes to time out on the mantle. If they continue to fuss over the toy after he's in time, then they go to oh, no time out in their room until they can be sweet.
    gkm15099

Answer by gkm15099 at 6:58 PM on Oct. 20, 2009