contractions in back?

okay i heard not only can you feel contractions in your stomach but also in your back...my question is if they are in your back are they the same feeling as the ones in your stomach you know the same as the stomach tighting and the feeling of having bad menstural cramps?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it's just like a pulled muscle in your back
    Anonymous

• i only had them in my back, i could feel the contractions in my stomach area but they weren't full of PRESSURE like the ones in my back...read the book "back labor no more" for more info on it
    Anonymous

• I had mostly back labor, and it didn't feel exactly the same as I expected. They did still come in waves like with the stomach cramping, but it felt more like my lower back was breaking toward the end. Unlike your stomach though, providing counter pressure can help a little. I've also heard that if you have one back labor, you probably always will. (As it turned out, my cervix is tilted funny or something...which is probably why I personally felt it more in my back).
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 2:26 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I had back labor, and I also generally feel my menstrual cramps in my back, so the sensation was basically like severe menstrual cramps for me. I could also feel them in my stomach early on, but the back pain was much more intense, so that's where I could really feel it. ErinHill, please tell me you're kidding about the whole "if you have one back labor, your probably always will" part! You're breaking my heart! LOL
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:28 PM on Oct. 20, 2009