A question for other cosleeping mommas! (ps- no bashing)

First of all, I am asking this question to other parents that co sleep and I will not read any bashing posts so please don't waste your time .. I realize it is a controversial subject but I don't agree with bashing other parents methods that are safe and doing no harm to their child :) thank you...

I have found semi co sleeping to be the way for my family, my husband and I have been totally co sleeping since my dd was born (she is 6 mnths now) and slowly became semi & it has been wonderful.. but I am wondering how other cosleeping parents transition baby into cribs and when other parents did this.. we have done and continue to do lots of reading on cosleeping (and our doctor also agrees with safe cosleeping) but I want to hear how other parents transition from co sleeping and what age they transition baby to sleep in their own bed? Thanks in advance!

All4OneN1forAll

Asked by All4OneN1forAll at 1:15 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• Gosh I cant remember hardly. Um, I think just slowly. I made sure I had a routine like bath and story, yes even at 6 months. I liked the Ferber method, you dont pick them up but basically you still comfort them a bit. I remember patting them on the back alot when in their crib until they dozed off. GL!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 1:19 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Hubby and I sleep with the baby until age 1. I did it with all of mine (4). Thats the age that I stop breastfeeding usually. I do the crib with a bumper made of hubby and my clothes so that the smell of mom and dad are still there for comfort. Clean clothes...:) I usually have to get up a few times in the middle of the night for the 1st month but after that, things usually go ok. Good luck :)
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 1:21 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Sorry one more....its gonna depend on your baby and her attitude. My first child needed alot of patting and we make jokes about "Dont even breath, you will wake her.. lol" My second born needed some cuddle time in the rocking chair, and then in he went, with no complaining. My third was like Goldilocks..."just right"
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 1:23 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• My DS is 7 months old, we have been trying to transition to the crib, really with no luck. He cries I go and pick him up(probably not the best thing to get him to sleep in there) but I feel if he is crying for no reason other than to be close to me that I should let him. He is my first child and I can not stand for him to cry. I guess I could also use some advice to go from co-sleeping to semi-co-sleeping.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 1:23 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• i switched mine to their own beds around 6 months.i wanted t do it before they got too attatched to cosleeping. i moved them into their room and would nurse on the couch or rocking chair when they woke up at night. i think keeping things consistant helps little ones to adjust so once they move to their bed they stay there (unless they are sick) this worked well for me! good luck to you!
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 1:24 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• With my oldest we put his crib in our room and he slept in there for a month or so and then put the crib in his room and he was fine. With our youngest, he wanted out of the family bed so he sleeps in the pack and play at the foot of our bed. I would love to move him into the boys' room but can't because he doesn't sleep through the night yet.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 1:25 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• We also co-sleep. My daughter slept with us every night until she was 2, then she decided to sleep in her own bed in her own room and she never looked back, she's 4.5 now and goes to bed at 8:30 and wakes at 8:00 am and we don't hear a peep from her all night. She's always been the easy one... My son, on the other hand, is 2.5 and still likes to sleep with us... we just upgraded his toddler bed to a twin and are trying to keep him in his own bed in his own room as much as possible without keeping us up all night. So far he's done pretty well, stayed in his room in his bed until about 5 am... of course, one of us is usually in with him... but that's ok, I lean heavily on the attachment parenting side of things, we encourage and gently push him in that direction but he's not quite ready.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:28 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• When my daughter first came home, she would not sleep in her own bed. I figured out that it was the fact she didn't like the hard mattress so, I took one of my pillow and laid it in her crib the width of it, and propped up the sides so she couldn't roll out of it and we didn't have anymore complaints... now she understands her bed is her bed and mommy and daddy's is mommy and daddy's EVEN though she still gets away with sleeping with us at times. She is 5 months.
    calypsosmommy09

Answer by calypsosmommy09 at 1:51 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• my daugher slept with me every night until she was 6 months old, around that age i would rock her to sleep then place her in her crib..plus she had a music maker on her crib, and she did fine after awhile. sh eis now almost 3 and loves her bed.

man doctors are actual FOR co leeping because it has been shown to one, improve the bond....two babies sleep londer and more sound
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 2:22 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• i coslept with my first for 18 mts, and tehn i switched herto a toddler bed. once in a while she comes to my bed. but i either put her back in her roon but is its like 4 am she just stays in my bed. i also coslepp with my 7 mth old but if dd coems to my bed then he goes to his crib
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:28 PM on Oct. 20, 2009