How much are you bills? How much money do you bring in? How much is the difference?

Me and my husband are supposed to have around 800 dollars left at the end of the month but we are always broke! On paper, I show that we should have alot left over and we never do! I don't think we're all that great at budgeting and I know we must blow through some money. Are we the only ones?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Thats how it is here. We should have an extra $200-400 a month depending on how pay falls. But we never have anything extra. Its our own faults though, that $10 here and there really adds up!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 1:17 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Our bills are right around a 1000 a month and I bring in a little more than 1000 a month working part time. My husband brings in a lil over 2000 a month. He's been laid off the past few months so we haven't had much "left over" money... but he went back to work today Thankfully!
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Before my husband went to Afghanistan, we would have $100-400 left at the end of the pay period, depending on if it's the one that falls at the beginning of the month (when all the smaller bills are due) or if it's the one that comes at the end of the month (when the big bills come out.)

Now, with his Afghanistan pay, we should have about $7,000 left at the end of a pay period. All that extra is going to go toward paying off stuff, so we don't have those bigger bills.

We would be broke at the end of the pay periods, too, before we sat down and made one simple rule: we each got an allowance of cash, and once that cash was gone, it was gone, and we couldn't pull more from the bank account, NO MATTER WHAT. Hubby left his debit card at the house so he wouldn't be tempted. All his gas to go back and forth to work came out of the account, of course, but that was budgeted in.

Good luck!
    Anonymous

• yeah - we don't have a lot left over after paying the bills, but we know exactly where it goes. My husband has a budgeting software (quicken?) where he inputs ALL of our expenses so we know what got spent where. That way, we really see how we're spending our money and we can cut back if we see one area that's getting out of control. I work Friday nights, and the occasional Sat night and all of that money goes into savings.

Answer by missanc at 1:51 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• my hubby makes anywhere from 2,000 to 2500 depending on how much overtime he gets. we have 2500 in bills cuz our mortgage is so high and our house just wont sell. so sometimes we are broke, sometimes we have money leftover. but if we're supposed to have leftover, we do, cuz i dont spend barely anything cuz i'm afraid of not having money for the bills one month
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 2:02 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• house-800,Gas-80, Water-85,electric-200,Food-500,Car-400,All insurance-300,C.C-400,Gas for the car-300 , my helper 400 We have a little left each month some goes in the bank but most of it is spent on my daycare i own

hubby brings home-4800 a month
    Me bring home- 3000 a month
    Anonymous