End of the worl as we know it? (kinda long)

With the talk of 2012 and the upcoming "disastors" that could take place it got me to thinking. Now personally I am a christian and I believe that yes some day the world will end, but I dont think I believe that any one knows except god when that will happen. Now I was doing some research on the Mayan calendar and about 2012 and I dont think I believe all the hype surrounding it. I have heard many "christians" talking about how we are in the end times and we have the signs to prove it. Bu tI dont think I believe that either. My question is do you believe in all the hype surrounding 2012? If so why or why n0t? Do you believe we are in the final days of life on earth? Why or why not? And finally do you think presisent Obama plays into this scenario at all? Just curious as to what your beliefs and opinions are.

blondiemaker07

Asked by blondiemaker07 at 1:21 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• This is how I feel about it all, end of days/2012. If it happens that the world blows up or something. It just does. Not much we can do about it. Do not worry about stuff you can not control.

Answer by louise2 at 1:27 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• that is very true i guess.... hoping to get some more responses to this. everytime i post a question i never get more than like 20 responses. hmmm.....
    blondiemaker07

Answer by blondiemaker07 at 1:46 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Haven't you heard that the Mayans have proven this false?
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:55 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• You're dead right. Pay no mind to the tinfoil hat brigade.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:59 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• No I guess i havent. Its not even just 2012 thats kinda bothering me, that just spiked the topic. Its just that everyone seems to believe that the world is coming to an end and im not sure why.
    blondiemaker07

Answer by blondiemaker07 at 2:00 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• and irregardless lof what happens to me im more concerned about my loved ones. my family. wouldnt we all be? We are supposed to protect our children adn mates.
    blondiemaker07

Answer by blondiemaker07 at 2:02 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine... lol got that song going thru my head now. No one has conclusive evidence of anything. To me this is like the whole 2000 thing when all the electronic equipment was going to fail. UGH Enough already. If the world is going to end it will. Nothing anyone says or does will change that. I cannot at this point in time stop nature and if I ever do come across that ability I'll let you know, but don't hold your breath. I intend to continue living my life to the fullest, because you never know what will happen tomorrow and if you spend all your time worrying about it you tend to miss out on things happening now. I do not believe we are in our last days and if we are there's not much we can do. Obama has nothing to do with it either. He's just an idiot. JMO
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:17 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• LoL! 2autisticsmom I was thinking the same thing... now I have to dig out my REM cd.

I don't think we are in the last days. I do believe that it will come eventually, but probably not in my lifetime and probably not the way everyone thinks. I do joke with my eldest daughter though because she graduates from high school in 2012. I told her not to bother applying to colleges because the world's just going to end anyway (real great mom aren't I). We joke about it because even if it were to happen in our lifetime what can we really do about it except live our lives the best we can?

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 2:23 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Ok I beleive we are in the last days.. If you read your bible you would understand why. The bible says there are a thousand years in a day and a day is a thousand yrs. each thousand yrs is one day to God. Its been 2 thousand since the time of Jesus 2 days have past... that means we are in the third and last day. If you recall Jesus rose on the third day and acended to Heaven. Jonah was in the bellly of the fish 3 days... follow what Im saying? Do the research :-)
    Now do I think the world will end in 2012.... no there are still things needed to come to pass prophecy wise and we have yet to see the fullness of the rising of the Anti Christ and other things that we will see before Christians are taken home. Although it is good to be aware of these things, God wants us to focus more on preaching the Gospel to the ends of the earth and being the Christian He wants us to be as well as building a relationship with Him!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:35 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• i agree with shaneagle777 on this...

do i think obama has anything to do with it? YES. he may not be the antichrist (the bible says he'll come out of the blue, nobody will really know him) but i believe God placed him in office to pave the way for the antichrist. who knows? he may introduce us to him...Obama is promising peace, and i bet he'll find someone that agrees with him but actually does something about it (the antichrist brings peace throughout the world, and we all become united) instead of being all talk like Obama
    Anonymous