Are you a label "whore"?

In other words do you get named brand things? I'll be honest but I love name brand things. I want a car that is nice and luxury like instead of what I drive now. I like expensive purses and going to get massages and going to salons. All that good stuff! My husband thinks I'm just being stupid. Keep in mind though, I can afford it and my kids aren't going hungry and they have everything they want and more. I just like nice things. Am I the only one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• idc about labels, as long as i have a way to go and clothes on my back... granted i want to look nice and don't want my car to be a pos, i just don't care if it's a lexus or a ford and with clothes idc if it's name brand or target brand
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:24 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I am except for cars...*laughs* how daft is that?
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:25 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• WTF does that have to do with being a whore?
    Liking and wanting nice things doesnt make you a whore
    Sleeping around makes you a whore
    Anonymous

• F*ck never mind I read that wrong
    I was about to say what is wrong with you LOL
    YES I love name brand things only LOL
    Anonymous

• I like nice things. But to me the label doesn't matter, If I like it I like it, If I don't I don't.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 1:26 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• LOL! I was just thinking this when I went shopping the other day! I was thinking of Madea on Diary of a mad black woman when she says "Who is Dol-say and Gab-ana?" and her granddaughter says "Dolce and Gabbana, they're designers." and she calls the other woman a label ho! I do look for name brands, I can't afford any of it but some secondhand stores have stuff rich ladies sell to them so I can occasionally get some designer stuff really cheap. My SO is like your husband, he could care less about brands and doesn't understand why I like the stuff! But my kids aren't going without anything either, I only buy the stuff at secondhand stores or when it is cut way down in price.
    Anonymous

• Oh let me add, I don't care that I drive a used suv that we bought off the side of the road! It's different when it comes to my clothes!
    Anonymous

• I don't see the appeal of something just because it's expensive to be honest with you.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:39 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Oh, I love nice things, but here's the catch.......I shop at Goodwill and will only buy brand name clothes from there. I once bought an Arden B sweater with the $70 price tag still on it for about $5 bucks.....oh the rush......
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 1:45 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I'm with OneToughMami on this. I could care less what the name on it is. I look at price. I can't fathom paying $100 for a pair of jeans because it has someone's name on it when I could pay $25 (or less) and get something that looks the same on me and looks just as nice. And, Windy, GREAT deal! I love getting things discounted like that :)
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 1:51 PM on Oct. 20, 2009