Do you know any women that choose a man over their child.

I know a lot of guys that have chosen a women over their own child. My sil choose her boyfriend over her own children

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• so did my sister, she ran off with several different men and left her son with my parents the last time she went out of state and hasn't contacted us in a year and don't even call to check on her son, my parents now have custody but i don't see how a mother could NOT want her child
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:29 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• My SIL did the same thing - and now that they've broken up (2 years from when she asked for a divorce), she has NOTHING. I feel bad for her & I don't. She gave up her home, her family, everything ... and now she's in a world of regret. She is renting a room in someone else's home, she had a beautiful, big home on over an acre, her children live with their father (almost 2 hours from where she chose to live - near her exboyfriend), she accumulated a lot od debt trying to keep up w/her boyfriend & dating ... its a very sad situation. She's now trying to make it better, and now that she & boyfriend have broken up, she sees the kids a lot more - so that's good. But the last 2 years have been very hard on the kids. They're the victims in this.
    Anonymous

• My own mother.........she left when I was 6, married a man 2 times her age and then got a foster kid. Hows that for crap? On the other side of that, it made me one hell of a more determined mommy
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 1:33 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• My mom when I was in my teens. I hated her boyfriend and he wasn't too fond of me either. Then she moved in with him and I didn't feel welcome so I said I was going to stay at our house in my hometown, where my uncle still lived. She didn't care. I was running around, partying with my older cousin, with my friend and her older brother and his friends but she never asked any questions, as long as I left her alone with her man, I could basically do what I wanted. Then he screwed her over big time. I always knew he was an asshole. The upside to all of that is I know all the tricks in the book, so my kids will never be able to pull one over on me!
    Anonymous

• My mother left when I was about 10, She met a man who was in prison for murder when she was a teenager, He brother was in there and she met this man when she was visiting her brother. She wrote letters back and forth with him for years, including the whole time she was married to my dad. He finally got out after spending 27 years. The day he got out she brought him to meet me, took me and dropped me off at my dads, delivered all my things a week later, moved to another state and only called on holidays for a few years and then stopped calling all together.
    I don't miss her. I had a wonderful childhood with my dad. What I am going to do to fix it is to be 100times the mother she was. I would never leave my child, and her leaving me was her loss not mine.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 1:45 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• My mother chose her husband over me several times, yes I lived in the household with her, but he would continiuously tell her that if she didn't get rid of me that he was taking my brothers and leaving. We were also being abused and I at 12 knew that that was not how a child should of been raised, I sought out help. Now I am all grown and married with a child of my own, a man wants to tell me him or the kid, I hope they have somewhere else to go cause my child is staying with me.
    calypsosmommy09

Answer by calypsosmommy09 at 1:46 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• My Best Friend chose to the party life and men over her daughter. She has had 2 other kids now (3 total) only the 2 younger ones live with her, she gave up her rights to her parents for her eldest . She only stays with her on the weekends and during holidays.
    Anonymous

• Yep, my hubbys niece did. She and her piece of trash looser had 1 kid, she married the jerk, got pregnant with #2 and then he was convicted of sexual assault of his sister (can't remember if it was a full sis or 1/2 sis). She stuck by the piece of trash and now their oldest (4yr old girl) is not allowed to live in the house with him. Somehow the 2yr old boy is still there-- not sure why as he is supposedly not to have contact with children. The girl is being raised by his (trash) adopted mom.. although according to my mil hubby's niece "sees the girl every day". I think hubbys niece needs to wake up, take her kids and leave the piece of trash! He is a looser and will never amount to anything-- but of course she can't see that....ugh!
    Anonymous

• Yeah, I know a woman who did that. She dumped her child on whoever would take him and ran off to a different state to chase a man and left her son with her parents for a few months.

Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 3:33 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I've seen it and don't understand it one bit.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:00 PM on Oct. 20, 2009