Are any adults still scared of the dentist?

I'm 22 years old and I admit that I am terrified of going to the dentist. For starters, I gag so easily and I'm just ababy! I only went to the dentist once in my entire life. I was 15 and one of my teeth cracked in half so I HAD to go! They ended up pulling 5 teeth and it was a terrible experience. I have to make an appointment to go but I'm scared!! I'd rather go have 10 pap smears than go to the dang dentist! Haha

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i agree!
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 1:27 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I am the same way. My dr gave me valium to take when I have to go to the dentist so that-1 I will go and 2 it is not nearly as scary and 3 so I will sit there and not freak out.
    Anonymous

• I hate the dentist, HATE the dentist. Really. BUT, I go twice a year. Not taking care of your teeth is a VERY bad thing. 5 teeth pulled at 15 YO? That is TERRIBLE!!!
    Anonymous

• I don't really have a problem with the dentist as much as I have a problem with the hygienist. The hygienist is always poking and scraping. Ouch!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 1:45 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I H A T E going to the dentist! Hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate it! Whenever I think about going I get start to shake and cry. I NEVER cry. I guess I used up all of my dentist appointments with four years of braces.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 2:02 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Yes I am too and it is more common than you would think. There is something out there known as "sedation dentistry" and they can do more at once that way than usual. It's worth it...
    Anonymous

• I actually love going to the dentist. I go in with pain, and leave without pain, plus my teeth feel shiny and clean.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:38 PM on Oct. 20, 2009