SCAMMED, has anyone been scammed by any of the work at home sites on cafemom, or any others? or has anyone encountered that they are not making money?

I need a work at home job, im not good at partie throwing, and i dont have but 2 friends, so is theer a job that makes atleast 100.00 a week, that i dont have to sell anything. that is not a scam, and if you have been scammed let me know by the company name to avoid a second victim please, im desperate, nobody is hireing here in so cal, los angeles..THANK YOU ALLLLL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• The work at home thing is a joke.... they all want your money. I've been looking for a while and haven't found anything at home at all!
    Anonymous

• babysit
    anything else is a joke
    Anonymous

• If you're interested in being a work at home mom, you should read my blog with more information on good ones and tips to avoid scams. Be a Work at Home Mom

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 1:38 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• most of these sites work from home the moms on here promote are all bs and i would not listen to any and if u do look it up on complaint board first... the work at home poster above is a bs one also good luck
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 1:46 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I asked the same question about a month ago and just got a bunch of people trying to sell there at home business to me. I'm thinking of doing Avon. That's the best compromise I could come up with. Good Luck!

Oh, also, Ive just recently started looking into Call Centers. Things like you can take orders from people over the phone and you can work from home. Ive done the search on Career Bulider.com but don't pay any attention to the ones that you have to pay money to do. your the one supposed to be getting paid to do there work, not vice versa. Anyway, hope I help and keep me posted! Hope you find something legit!

beka03

Answer by beka03 at 1:51 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com . Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:57 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• There are many legit ways to earn from home. Home businesses tend to be popular among many of the women on sites like these so you will see lots of posts about them. And in most cases the opportunity is real. But like any business opp. there are going to be poeple that don't like the company or that fail at running a business and scream scam. Please don't think that just because someone has a bad experience with a company that the company is bad itself. Do you know how many complaints Sears or Macy's get each year from people that quit?

I would suggest though that you look in to at home JOBS. There are plenty of companies that do hire home workers, but you also have to understand that these companies are dealing with the same economy that the rest of us are and many of them are not hireing new people either. I have a list of these companies on my website. Just look under Work At Home Jobs at www.SabrinasCloset.info

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:22 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Have you thought about working at a job during your husband's off hours? I wait tables on Fri and sometimes Sat nights when my dh can watch our little one. I can make 100/night EASILY in like 5-6 hours work - and it's a fun job!

Answer by missanc at 2:28 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Their are lots of legitimate things to do....I don't understand why most won't do ebay? Within 7-14 days you have money. There is so much U can do here. Childrens clothes are so hot on ebay, not to mention women clothes. Just search categories and research some.
    I actually hve 2 @home jobs. my f/t I hav been doing for 11 yrs, I am a medical claims processor & get full benefits, just work @ home. Although the company hasn't given raises out in 5 yrs!! So, I started looking more lst year and I signed up to sell Scentsy, 2 reasons, I had one and Loved it, & knew it wld pay off in the long run. It is a party company but I don't do many parties, I do baskets, and events & such. More things than just a party. But, I love this more & it will match or surpass my f/time job by this next month... So, I know it is legit & I love the product.
    As soon as I can do Scentsy f/time - I will also do EBAY !
    see my next post...out of
    gr-mom2

Answer by gr-mom2 at 2:59 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• characters....whew made it..
    I've sold on ebay also, and know it can be done. Pick up gently used childrens clothes, womens clothes - yard sales & such (sometimes me & my daughter wld buy these at 2.00 a bag full)... find thrift stores and buy the closeouts or mark downs.
    Open your market on ebay to Canada, Australia, and some near countries, United Kingdom. We would sell in Lots, ( which from what I researched sold pretty good at times)....but we sold everything. Most of the women & mens clothes (I sold by piece), was bought by Canada or Austrailia, they are paying thru paypal (which only accept paypal!) and no problems.

I so believe that we shld control and make our own places.. Do something U LOVE & U will never have to work for someone that can shut the doors in a heart beat.....
    I wish you all the luck!
    gr-mom2

Answer by gr-mom2 at 3:04 PM on Oct. 20, 2009