GAS?? Costantly at 3 months?

My 3 month old daughter is aways gassy she cries alot because of it I give her gas relief drops but they dont seem to hep her any advice? Could it be her formula? she hasnt started solids yet.Please help.

Redneckmomma19

Asked by Redneckmomma19 at 2:04 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• make sure after every bottle you burp her! sit her up for a while too. when she has tummy pain you can try laying her on her back and bend her knees to her chest and do bicycle legs. this helps relieve pressure. you can also lay her on her tummy across your lap long ways and pat her back. the pressure of your knee to her tummy will feel good. medicine is last resort. but if the gas drops dont help, you could try gripe water. it is safe for infants it's sold in the baby section of many stores!), made of chamomile, fennel and ginger. it really helps relax the muscles therefore releasing gas. talk to the dr.! he/she might want you to try a different formula.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:34 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• burp her a lot - and have you tried gripe water? it seems to help my dd more than mylicon ever did...good luck!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 2:39 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• My daughter had reflux and gas really bad for the first 3 months. Are you using rice cereal yet? Sometimes certain brands can make it worse. I have to agree gripe water works much better than the drops.
    lubell1217

Answer by lubell1217 at 8:51 AM on Oct. 21, 2009