Do you know your DH email password, or facebook password?

My fiance just recently changed his email password. He knows my passwords, & i knew his. No big deal, we just know it from being together so long. I really dont think he snoops on my email, but i did snoop on his one time. I had been having nightmares that he is sleeping with other woman. I got so paranoid that i snooped on his email. The only thing i found was an email from his ex, & she was babbling about how it makes her sad that he is marrying...whatever...he told her to get a life. I did tell him that i looked, & he was fine about it. This was 3 months ago.

I've been getting paranoid again, because he is so distant these days. So, i was bad & i snooped again, just to see that he has changed his email password. I must be suffering from severe insecurity, because now I'm freaking out. He knew that i knew his password. He knows mine....should i be worried? I don't want to ask why, because well...i feel guilty for snooping

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• i know all his passwoeds and he don't know i know them. idiot lol
    Anonymous

• My hubby and I know each others passwords and we share an FB account. We also check each others e-mail often. Not out of concern, but it is a nice safeguard to have in place! There is no reason for that kind of secret, imo.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 2:09 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I don't know my husbands passwords nor would i want to, that's his business, plus I wouldn't give him mine. It's not that I'm hiding anything I just like my privacy.
    I wouldn't be paranoid if I was you unless you have a good reason to be. He probably just wants some privacy.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 2:09 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I wouldn't be worried.

My DH knows all my passwords and i know most of my DH's (he has so many that i can't possibly remember them all!)

Just ask him straight out what his password is. Tell him that you're feeling insecure. All women get that some time.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:10 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• i knew all my ex's passwords to everything...my bf now though, i have no idea about his passwords, he has so many different accounts that it would be impossible to remember anyway. in a way, i feel like i am entitled to know them because we are together and should be completely open with each other, but at the same time, that's almost like our last bit of privacy.
    Anonymous

• My dh knows my passwords, and I know his - but I would never snoop on his! I just have them because when we were in school we sat next to each other and I could see him typing, and then one time he asked me to look up something in his email so he gave it to me. Also, he looks up his email and facebook with me standing right there, so I know there's nothing to worry about.

Answer by missanc at 2:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• yes i know all of them. he knows mine. it is a part of having no secrets, tell him to give you all his passwords, welcome to modern marriage. and i do look at his stuff, we share an email address and i do look at his stuff but dont consider it snooping because it is my business too, it effects me. and i have a RIGHT to know!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:26 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• OP here...

I don't have MUCH of a reason to be worried, other than i'm freaking crazy. I personally dont think there should be any privacy in a marriage. IPrivacy in a marriage can ruin a marriage. What shold we keep private?I think what happened BEFORE we were together, can remain private, but now that we're going to live our lives together......why should there be privacy? That just freaks me out that there may be something he feels he needs to keep from me. I really don't like that feeling. I'm usually a very secure woman, but recently.....my confidence is gone & it's gotten worse knowing he changed his password, obviously there is a reason he did that.
    Anonymous

• op here

sorry i said privacy 8,000 times...
    Anonymous

• My hubs and I did not share passwords with each other, although he probably knows what mine is (I use the same one for most of my stuff). I could probably guess what my hubs is, although I am sure that if I turned on his computer I could access his pages without entering a password- I do belive he has it set up to automatically allow access. I have never tried it, I trust my hubs and I really don't think there is anything worth looking at on his pages.
    For your guy, you may have to just come out and tell him that you are stressing about this and would like to know what his password is. If he gave it to you in the past I don't see why he would have a problem now. If he refuses, then maybe something is going on. Cause how would he like it if you changed your password and refused to share with him.
    I hope all works out -good luck
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:35 PM on Oct. 20, 2009