My daughter does this really weird thing...

When she's asleep, she'll be wrapped up real tight (she can't sleep if she's unwrapped, lol) so that just her arms are tight against her. Her legs are free for her to kick about, but when she's sleeping sometimes she lifts her legs up and practically slams them down...it makes a lot of noise and wakes me up but it doesn't seem to wake her up or hurt her at all.
Is this weird, or does anyone here have a baby who does this as well?

SarahLeeMorgan

Asked by SarahLeeMorgan at 2:09 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son did that until he was about 2 or 3 month old, lol. He didn't need his arms pinned down but he would stick his legs straight into the air and slam them down, lol. It made me wonder what people meant when they said they slept like a baby.....haha
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 2:15 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Yeah, I know! Except Audrey is 5 months old...it's so bizarre, and it freaks me out at 3AM!!!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 2:17 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• my little man does that at night instead of crying to say that he wants to eat!
    Sbahns

Answer by Sbahns at 2:22 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• my dd does that a lot - she's 5 months. I don't exactly know why but she enjoys it! :)
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 2:36 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• My 3month old does the same thing at night and i noticed that he does it when his legs have a blanket on them. After he knocks them off he goes right on back to sleep! I think it's so funny
    N2ctruluv

Answer by N2ctruluv at 9:52 PM on Oct. 21, 2009