is this lady right?

i sold this lady a baby carrier off craigslist here locally in my own town, i met her and we talked about the carrier for like 30-45 mins and she tried it on and said its what she wanted. she paid me the money and then like 2 hours later emailed me and said its not the one she wanted and she wants to return it to me and have her get her money back.. is she in the right to do that? do you think I should give her a refund? i feel like if it wasnt what she wanted during the time we met why didnt she say anything. what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Shopping

• I think she's indecisive and should keep the car seat, and you should keep the money. In the 30-45 minutes you guys were talking, she had plenty of time to say "No, it's not what I want."
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 2:14 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I dont think you have to make refunds on craigslist. just send her an email that all sales are final you are sorry she is unhappy with her purchase. Tell her craiglist was easy to list it and she could try that if she would like to sell it.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Interesting question...we have sold some things on Craigslist and I have no idea how I would respond if this happened...yikes. Are there any rules about it listed on Craigslist? What a pita, I'd be totally annoyed, but I'd probably give the money back just to make it go away.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:17 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• as long as she can't call and don't know where you live i'd be like "oh well"
    Anonymous

• I agree with the above posts, and personally from now on I'll be posting "All sales final" on my posts.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:20 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• --original poster--

ya she emailed me and said her husband is yelling at her because its the wrong one. To me its not my problem that he husband is mad at her.
    Anonymous

• I would just say all sales final and ignore all oter emails from her....they seems like drama and its not your problem.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:34 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I would have to agree with what everyone said above. It is pretty ridiculous that you talked for the long and it was not until she got home that she decided that it was not the right one. It sounds more like her husband was the one that decided it was not the right one and they should suck it up and either use it or consider it a mistake on her part. Tell her that you already went through the effort of meeting her and took the time to show her the product, you upheld your part of the bargain. As long as you described the item as is and there were not hidden defects that you should feel comfortable with the decision to tell her that you will not give her the money back. You could just tell her that you already used the money and would not be able to take it back.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:06 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Craigs list isnt a store! you cant just get a refund. Would you try to take something back to a garage sale? Same thing! I'd just block her email. Sounds cruel but she might just keep bugging you. I would send one last email say "Sorry. All sales final" and block her. problem solved.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Oct. 22, 2009