I am considering purchasing the First Years Breast Pump "mi pump". Any recomendations or reviews?

brooklyns1mama

Asked by brooklyns1mama at 2:12 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• IMO a Medela Pump in Style is the only way to go. Everyone that I've known to get anything less has been disappointed and has eventually purchased a Medela.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 2:13 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Um....it's still quite new but the track record for First Years is pretty bad overall. For this one, it seems to be hit or miss.

What will your pumping needs be? If you'll be working out of the home, then Medela really is the way to go. Or Ameda.

If you'll be home, an Avent Isis will fill the bill nicely.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:40 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• i have that exact pump, it works great for me, i have A LOT of milk though, so i think anything will work on me, lol
    cillaluvsmali

Answer by cillaluvsmali at 6:39 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Thank you ladies, you've all been very helpful. I think i'm going for it. I will not be working for the first 3 months after the baby's birth and then will take on a full-time job so it seems that may work for me.
    brooklyns1mama

Answer by brooklyns1mama at 10:51 AM on Oct. 21, 2009