Why do you feel adoption is better than abortion?

In some cases, I really dont see what the difference is. I mean, either way, the child isnt going to have a bio-mom.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• wtf are you kidding me? if the child is aborted it will have no mom, atleast an adopted child has a chance at life and don't give me the bull shit about adopted kids are abused, not all are it's like saying kids with bio mom are abused, some are but not all
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:18 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• It isn't a question of whether or not a person has a biological mother -- It's a matter of a human life. Abortion = death. Adoption = Life. Period.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 2:19 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• A child doesn't need to have the biological mother in it's life to have a "Mom." There is a huge difference.....One you are giving the child a chance to live the life that was given to it at the moment of conception, the other you are not.......
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 2:19 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I am adopted. That being said....I'm pro-choice. No, I was not abused; I had a really great childhood. But who are you to say what a woman can and can't do with her own body?
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 2:20 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• No one dies and someone who truly WANTS a child can have one. There are ALOT more important things than a bio-mom which by the way where do you get the idea they won't have a bio mom?? SOMEBODY gave birth to them so technically.... JMO you need to sort out your priorities. I'd much rather someone love me, feed me, clothe me and be there for me even if she didn't technically give birth to me.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:23 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• No one, as of yet, has said that a woman couldn't choose what she can and can't do with her own body, SarahLee.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 2:26 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I don't think that adoption is a better option in all cases. There are millions of kids that fall through the cracks of the adoption system that end up raped, abused or just used for years and years... It's a sad reality that people never want to see. Do I think it would have been better to just make it a quick death before all the real pain started?? Yeah, I do. I think that living like that is no life at all and that the damage is something that would have been better averted... BUT, we can't forsee who these kids that fall through those cracks will be and only abort them. So, I would still have to say, I would rather see a child given up than aborted. Because in most cases that's not the case. In most cases these kids grow up in homes with loving families. Why does it matter that those aren't the bio parents. As a person who would give anything to have been given up, I know that biology means NOTHING when raising a child!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I think that those of you swearing up and down that adoption is sooo much better shouldn't even talk unless you have given up a child yourself. It's so much harder than just saying "oh adoption is the right choice." It's just ignorant to say that adoption is better if you have never been in those shoes.
    Anonymous

• Biology does NOT make a woman a mother at ALL. Abortion ends in death of the unborn child. Adopted children are ALIVE, BIG difference
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 2:34 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• hugs for sabrina
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 2:45 PM on Oct. 20, 2009