What scares you about your man being deployed??

my husband just recently joined the army and he leaves for basic soon. and we know he will b deployed eventually.. what scares u the most about being deployed? he isnt in ifantry. but his job is a motor transportaion operater if that helps..

SweetiePieAfWf

Asked by SweetiePieAfWf at 2:28 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• When my DH was in Iraq For 15 months. I was afraid he would die and leave me all alone. My DH is just not my DH, he is my best friend too.

Answer by louise2 at 2:31 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• my dh deploys soon, and im worried that he might die, that he wont come home the same way he left (mentally i dont want him to come home and hate everyone and everything). and its just gonna suck not having him here for a whole year, hes my everything and more. my husband, my best friend. he makes me laugh and smile and hes just amazing and it sucks gonna suck, he went to korea for a year right after his ait and omg it was horrible not having him here. but i can say it does get easier with time. although iraq is competely different but were just gonna act like its the same deal, hell call when he can, talk on the computer, and all that good stuff. and having kids makes it way easier, youll always be busy. lol.
    Anonymous

• i'm not military, but a friend of mine joined the military recently. they had to move for basic training. the hubby is being deployed in december. my friend has a lot of fears: he wont come back, will get injured, and she just had a baby so she will be left alone with two kids. but she has a lot of familiar support and a lot of supportive friends
    Anonymous

• During my husband's deployments I never set my mind to worrying about his safety wherever he was. Of course, I prayed for his safety daily, but I didn't let it become a fear to consume me.
    My biggest fear was that we would grow apart and be strangers when he came home. Boy, were those fears unfounded! Homecomings were the BEST times EVER!!! :)
    I stayed extremely busy during deployments so the time went by faster. Putting together packages frequently for him and his unit, and writing him frequent letters, was a fun thing to do. Our daughters loved helping with those, too.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:10 PM on Oct. 20, 2009