My mom says I'm weird. I have silverware isseus- am I?

I have never been able to eat with tablespoons. I HAVE to eat with a teaspoon, the tablespoons are just huge to me. And lately, I hate eating with actual real cutlery. I have to buy plastic to eat with. Metal just freaks me out.

After reading what I just wrote, maybe I do need a therapist lol.

benjamink

Asked by benjamink at 2:29 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think you just answered your own question!
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 2:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• i can't eat with the huge spoons either, maybe my mouth is too small but i get mad when i can't fit it into the bottom of my yogurt cup, we only have one big spoon, idk as for the metal is it the sound or feeling against your teeth or toungue?
    Anonymous

• I've never eaten with a tablespoon. I've always used the teaspoons. To me, tablespoons are for things like stirring chocolate milk in a tall glass or when you want to dish something up, but not use a big serving spoon, like leftovers or something. The whole metal aversion is odd, but everyone has little quirks, doesn't mean you're weird.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 2:32 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• maybe lol
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:32 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• lol - the plastic is a bit much for me; but no I prefer to eat with the smaller spoons as well; I don't think that's as big of an issue...I prefer the smaller salad forks to normal ones as well. Doesn't mean I "won't" use them; just I prefer the smaller items...
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 2:32 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• You sound like you have some OCD issues. You might need to see a therapist.

Answer by louise2 at 2:33 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• It's the sound and the feel of it in my mouth. The sound of silverware on teeth sends chills down my spine!
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 2:33 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Forgot to answer. I usually use forks. Unless I am eating soup or cereal type stuff. Teaspoons or tablespoons I have know problem with either.

Answer by louise2 at 2:37 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I find the tablespoons a little uncomfortably large, too. I'll be happy to tell my husband tonight that I'm not the only one.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:38 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I don't like using the big spoon or the big fork either. But I have no issue with silver, but I don't use my teeth to get the food off, I use my lips.

chrsb4

Answer by chrsb4 at 2:50 PM on Oct. 20, 2009