What matters more? Quality or Quantity??

Is it better to have lived for just a few moments in peace and comfort than to have lived for years and years with pain and torment?

Thousands of children every year are born to families that abuse, hurt and defile them... Why didn't the mother abort or give them up then? Because in most cases the mothers feel obligated to keep them, not out of love but because of the stigma that surounds adoption and abortion...

If abortion was more acceptable would it be a savior to more kids? Isn't a short and pain free life better than one full of hate and depression - or worse??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• God is the only one who can determine what you are asking
    Anonymous

• Well with that said we just lost Edison and Einstein.
    Anonymous

• And Dave Thomas. I'm sure there others who can think up more.
    Anonymous

• Personally I know a lot of people that were adopted, they had amazing lifes. I also know several people who were born into loving families and suffered greatly and have overcome said sufferings to become wonderful parents and productive members of society. Nobody likes to see a child abused, it's awful. But my son was born with cancer, he suffered for years and has the "stigmas" that goes with it, he lost an eye from it and has smaller orbs around his eyes because of it, he was also left mostly blind because of the cancer, but he is a wonderful young man, so knowing how he suffered, do YOU think I should have aborted him? NEVER
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 2:42 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• i agree with the first answer.. only God will determine which is better.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 2:43 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• My husband is a survivor of child abuse. THANK GOD he was not aborted. Even with his crappy childhood, he is thankful for his life because now he knows first hand how to be a stellar husband and father. If his mother would have aborted him, we wouldn't have our beautiful children, nor any grandchildren or great grandchildren that will hopefully come.

My husband has no hate or depression. Thanks to God's grace. He is a happy, healthy, well adjusted strong man and father.

I think your off the mark with this one. So should we round up every abused child in America and graciously put them out their misery? Humanely kill them all?

What we need to do is help the mothers in the abusive situations- it all starts there.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 3:21 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Life is a gift... God created life. If He didnt then there would be no need for you or I.... would there?Many children born on this earth did great things and many did small things. Without life everything would be dead.
    I would perfer adoption over abortion... I thank God Moses mother hid Moses ...He became one of the greatest men that ever lived and the deliverer of the Jewish People!
    I thank God for MLK who had a dream and many african americans were made free! I Thank God for Abraham Lincoln for setting free the slaves...
    God has a purpose for each life growing within the womb of a mother... it really should never be up to us to decided whether or not that life should life or die.. you never know they may be the next greatest man on either that finds a cure for autism or any other threatening disease on this earth.... I feel the quality of life is more important than the quanity! continued..
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:25 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• the bible says BLESSED is the man who has a quiver full.. it is basically saying we are blessed for having children in this earth to fulfill God's purposes.. Each child has a destiny to fulfill.. who are we to take that away from them!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:26 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Short and sweet...especially if the "mother" is a crackhead who keeps getting preggers over and over again.
    Anonymous

• I think using abortion as a way to control the abuse kids suffer is a dangerous view to have. I was a survivor of abuse from my birth mother. She abandoned me when I was around 5 or 6-FINALLY! I survived, and yes it's impacted my life in many ways...but I for one am so glad she did not abort me.
    I am prochoice....but not for the reason that I think we need to save abused children.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 3:41 PM on Oct. 20, 2009