Time Travel - would you go to the Past or Future?

If Time Travel was possible, but you could only take One trip, would you travel to the Past or the Future? To "When" and where would you go?

Mama_McD

Asked by Mama_McD at 2:45 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Past- November 1994.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 2:46 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Would it be round trip or one way? Would I get to change things if I went back in time?

Answer by louise2 at 2:49 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I would go back. The only reason would be to save money and be smart about it. I would probably have my own house about now. I wouldn't change anything else.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 2:49 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I'd go back to my grandparents house...when they were both alive...I miss them every day- esp. my MawMaw
    CoolMommyofboys

Answer by CoolMommyofboys at 2:59 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I'd go back in time, just so I could see what it was like in ancient Rome, during the Rennaisance, during the Civil War, the Victorian Age...

If it had to be my life, 1998. There are a few things I would seriously change about that year...
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 3:00 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• oh and I didn't add...I'd love to go back now- with my boys cuz my PawPaw died a couple of months before my oldest was born...I'd love for my boys to meet my PawPaw
    CoolMommyofboys

Answer by CoolMommyofboys at 3:00 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Past - I would go back about 1950's. I would take all of the styles and song ideas from every generation past and become a fashion and music icon.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 3:06 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I second past, to relive my childhood thanksgivings and xmas eves. today my family is scattered everywhere or passed away. and as another said, I'd go back and be smarter about saving money. but all of this ONLY if it was a round trip
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:08 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Louise2 (and others) - it is NOT a one-way trip, you CAN come back. So I guess that also brings up the question, if you go to the past, would you change it knowing that it could completely alter the present??
    Mama_McD

Answer by Mama_McD at 3:35 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Personally, I would not go to the past, at least not MY past. I have regrets, yes, but who knws what othe rthings in my life would be changed if I change other things? Would I have ever met my husband and had my kids?? There is NO WAY I am gonna risk changing any of that! And I also believe that the challenges we face are for a reason, to make us stonger.
    That being said, I would travel to the future. At this point I think I would pick December 23, 2012, just to see if we're all still here, because if we are, then I can come back and continue planning for my future... if we're not, well then I can start living like Queen Latifah in "Last Holiday"!
    Mama_McD

Answer by Mama_McD at 3:40 PM on Oct. 20, 2009