is my 1 month old too fat?

ok, she is ebf and nurses about every 4 hours. i don't give her anything besides breast milk.... she went for her 1 month wcc today and she weighs 13 lbs. and 12 oz. her birthweight was 7lb. 1 oz. the dr. said she is the size of a 3 month old. i think she is ok since i don't really think she eats too much, but the dr. acted like she was a freak lol. what do yall think? anyone else have a baby grow that much in 1 month?

princessbeth79

Asked by princessbeth79 at 2:57 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you are breastfeeding on demand then there's nothing to worry about. She is getting what she needs nutrition wise so keep doing what you're doing. All babies are different.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:59 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• neither of my kids weighed that much...even my son who was 10 5 22 at birth. he was breastfed supplementing with formula, ate every 2 hours.
    Anonymous

• she probably is a bit big but i wouldnt say shes fat she will grow into it just fine
    Anonymous

• I do agree that it's a little surprising that she would weigh that much but if you are EBFing and the doctor didn't tell you that her weight was a problem don't worry about it. Babies come in all shapes and sizes!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 3:09 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I don't understand why Docs always find somthing wrong if your child is not gaining much you'll hear from them, every child is different and so every mother's milk, just keep up the good job momma!!!
    masipagwapa

Answer by masipagwapa at 3:26 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• why do dr.'s always say that ur baby is either scaringly underweight or on the verge of being obese? i wouldn't give it much thought
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 4:04 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Whoa, that's big! I think my DD didn't even weigh 10 lbs and that point but she is tiny and we are both tiny. IF your doc. didn't tell you to do anything differently, then I guess it's ok.
    Anonymous