how soon did you...?

start having sex and working out again after having a baby? did you wait the recommended 6 weeks?

If not, how soon did you start up again? was it a vaginal birth or c section and did not waiting the full 6 weeks cause any problems for you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I waited about 7 weeks for sex. I wouldn't have been up to working out before that either. Maybe walks after 4 weeks or so but nothing strenuous. Listen to your body and do it if it doesnt cause pain or discomfort. But don't be in a hurry for either. They'll be plenty of time for it all.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:03 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I waited 6 weeks for sex. I still haven't started working out and it's been 4 years - it's too soon! Lol!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:06 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I started some working out about two weeks after with my second child. I think you should listen to what your body is telling you. risks are that you could start bleeding badly and delay your body from fully healing. i had two vaginal births. both i went natural, and had easy, fast labors/births. and i felt pretty much back to normal within about 4 or 5 days. so i think it depends on the individual.

But I would recommend waiting to have vaginal intercourse and using tampons until after you have your post partum check-up. just in case. you don't want to get an infection.
    DRM0329

Answer by DRM0329 at 3:11 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I didn't have sex until seven weeks and I never started actively working out, just slowly worked up to doing more and more things (cleaning, etc.)

I had a c-section.
    jennifercalling

Answer by jennifercalling at 3:14 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I had an easy delivery, 3 hours of labor and 30 min. of pushing. I had my postpartum checkup 2 weeks after I had her and my doc said everything looked good but my tear wasn't completely healed at that point. Its been a week since my checkup and I've been feeling great.

Should I still wait the full 6 weeks or would it be safe to sooner?

-OP
    Anonymous

• I had a vaginal birth with my first started working out slowly walking as soon as i got home sex was about 3-4 weeks. With my second i had a c-section and took me about 8 weeks to start walking normally but i tried doing more each day as for sex 3 weeks what can i say im a horn dog......
    Anonymous

• I had a vaginal delivery with a stage 3 episiotomy (big tear!) I don't work out regularly, but was up doing housework and such after a couple weeks. i remember driving myself to target to go shopping after 3 days lol. I waited 4 weeks to have sex. My stitches were dissolved and my tear was healed so I went for it, but went VERY SLOWLY!!! The 6 week rule is mainly so doc can check tears and incisions and avoid risk of infection.
    Mindi7806

Answer by Mindi7806 at 5:06 PM on Oct. 20, 2009