Did you stay with your DH the night before your wedding?

My sister just got married and the night before she was upset because her fiance was going to stay at his friend's house because it is bad luck to stay together the night before the wedding.
I told her that my dh and I stayed together that night and here we are 11 years later, happier than ever.
They ended up staying together. They were both much happier together than apart.
What about you? Did you spend the night before your wedding with your intended?

Nathskitten

Asked by Nathskitten at 3:03 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We were together. We got married just after we finished college and a few days before graduation so we'd been kicked out of our dorms plus his parents needed somewhere to stay since they were coming from 3000 miles away. We all rented a holiday cottage for a couple of weeks and stayed there before the wedding and through graduation and DH and I were sharing a room. We actually did the deed the morning of our wedding and I'm glad we did because we were too wiped that night!
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 5:20 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I sure did. I had not seen him in 4 months because he was in Basic Training. We had to travel to another state to get married because the state we lived in required a blood test and he was going to only be home for a week or two and we didn't have time to wait for them to "approve" of us getting married. We stayed at a hotel that night and got up earlier the next morning to get our marriage license. We have been married for 7 1/2 years now.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:07 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• The last 2 months before our wedding he moved into my apartment. On our wedding night he stayed at his old apartment with his ex roomates and groomsmen. Some of my girls stayed with me since they lived out of town. I thought it was more fun this way. But to each their own.

Also we were celibate until our honeymoon and I think not being together the night before has alot to do with the practice of celibacy.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:07 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Yes but we had been living together for 4 years so the 'ceremony' really was just for legal pursposes as we were already married.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:07 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• My husband and I didn't live together before we married. We didn't spend the night together. It was nice to anticipate seeing him our wedding day.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 3:08 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Nope, he stayed at his parents house and I stayed at my sisters.
    Anonymous

• I didn't, I stayed at one sisters house, he at another. It was actually mostly because there was much family who didn't want their little world shattered by the thought we slept together. It was also because he was needed for setup the day of and I had hair, makeup ect to do.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 3:08 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• no actually we got married one day my class got cancelled i was in college he came to pick me up and we had the marriage license which was gonna expire so we said what should we do? i say well we could get married he said ok and we got married! he took me home and he went home and that was that. then 6 mo later we had a catholic wedding and we did not spend the night together.
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 3:09 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• My hubby and his friends got a hotel room the night before and stayed the the day of the wedding and all the guys met there to get ready for the wedding. My bff and I stayed at my apartment and the next morning all the girls came over and helped get everything together and ready for the wedding. We said goodbye after the rehersal dinner and did not see eachother again until I walked down the aisle. That is what we wanted, but I don't think you are "cursed" if you stay together the night before.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 3:10 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• We did, but on accident. Originally, he was planning on camping out with his cousins and the "guys" as the bachelor party (that started out with me and my maid of honor being there, partying too.) It snowed, though, and all the guys came back to my house, the house we would share once we were married, since all the other houses (his parents, family members) were too far away to drive to at 2 AM!! He let me know he was there, and we were very careful that we didn't see each other before the wedding, though I sorta peeked at him when he came to my grandparents (where we were having the wedding). I couldn't resist.

We've been together for 10 1/2 years, and our marriage is stronger and we're more in love than ever.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 3:13 PM on Oct. 20, 2009