Can anyone else not eat a popcicle because of the wooden stick?

I can taste the wood and it makes me gag. I can't use wooden toothpicks because of the taste, either. I can't use wooden pencils because of the smell. (Homework around here is hell for me, because the kids use the wooden pencils!)
There's just something about it that I can't handle. I nearly puke on the doc when they use that wooden tongue depressor!
My husband laughs at me because of it. Just the thought makes me want to gag!!

Am I the only one?!?

debra_benge

Asked by debra_benge at 3:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yes you are
    Anonymous

• lol on previous comment.

You can buy "do it yourself popscicle makers" made of plastic think Tupperware.
    Anonymous

• I just answered this 4 minutes ago!!!!lol go to just for fun....my mom says Im wierd.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 3:27 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Lol- are we related?
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 3:27 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I usually waste the last part of a popcicle.....the stick makes me want to gag......I also feel that I cannot breath when my hands or feet are dry.....your not the only weird one.....lol
    Hulkgrrl

Answer by Hulkgrrl at 3:35 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I hardly eat popsicles because I'm sensitive to cold things and it melts before I can finish it. I don't mind the wooden stick, I love corndogs but sometimes I can taste the wood on that but it doesn't make me sick. Now Tomatos make me gag.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 3:40 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Oh wow, I never knew people had a problem with wood products before. I'm sorry. :(

My problem is metal. There is nothing worse than poking a piece of food with my fork and biting into it, but I also bite into the fork at the same time. I hate that so much! It leaves a metallic taste on my teeth and sometimes feels like I'm biting on tin foil.

Also, when someone has eaten a lollipop and has sucked the end of the stick and it gets all mushy, my stomach turns just looking at it.....gross!

Wood things don't bother me, though.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:55 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I'm your opposite. I love the way wood smells. I even like the wooden flavor to the popsicles. I love to cook with my wooden spoons. Mmmm.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:29 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• i'm similar, dont worry!! i can eat them but i get really weirded out when it gets to the wooden part. i cant tolerate tongue depressors, eww worst things ever invented lol! dont like to run my fingernails across sheets or some other types of cloth. if i talk or think about stuff like compound fractures or weird medical procedures for too long it makes me feel weird and quivery, even though I have a strong stomach and don't get gaggy or anything (it's a different type of reaction). thinking about spit makes me gag, seeing it makes it even worse. i get nauseated when people floss or pick their teeth around me. i have a whole list of stuff that weirds me out lol
    sammybear71

Answer by sammybear71 at 6:08 PM on Oct. 20, 2009