Cut or don't cut his hair for Xmas pictures?

He's 22 months and has the "waviest" hair. Is that a word"waviest"? Anyway, he has a mixed heritage- African American (black), Caucasian (white), along with Blackfoot and Cherokee Indian. His hair is at least 6 inches long. I'm so afraid of cutting his hair that he'll loose the waves. Right now I corn roll his hair for pictures and when we go out. His cousin just got his cut but he was at least 2 years old. Xmas pictures are in a few weeks and I'm trying to build up the confidence to have it cut. Should I “man up” and have it cut or enjoy it while it lasts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• depends what kinda memory you want,a real one or a fresh one,i think if your son is gonna have natural wavy hair no hair cut is taking it away,but if he is not just dont give him the hair cut and keep a sweet memoty of what looked so cute on him
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 3:34 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• i think the pictures should be of him as he is...If he usually has the wavy hair then style it and leave it as he usually wears it...cut it when youre ready,ENJOY IT!
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 3:20 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Leave it long so you can always remember how he looked at this age. After you get the pictures taken you can cut it.
    Swingkid511

Answer by Swingkid511 at 4:18 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I'd leave it long for the picture. My kids are also mixed (black/white) My son USE to have lose curls all over....Well everyone thought he was a girl so at 14mos we started cutting it. It kept growing back curly like before so I was confident this was just how his hair was...Well at about 2 1/2 it just grew back wavy....I was so sad. he is 6 nowand we keep it short most the time and it appears staright but if we let it grow its wavy and crazy! LOL He likes it short though.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 4:42 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• His hair sounds adorable as it is. Do you like it now? If you do, then leave it. Don't cut his hair to please others that you are sending his Christmas pictures to. If you're sick of maintaining it or think it would look better short, then you should cut it!
    MommyJanelle

Answer by MommyJanelle at 5:01 PM on Oct. 20, 2009