how to get my son to sleep

my little guy is nearly 7 months and still not sleeping at night he goes to bed at 7:30 every night we do the same thing every night dinner, bath, bottle, book, bed hes got a routine.
But he still wont sleep through the night i have everyone telling me he should be sleeping through the night. He wakes around 11 or midnight and wants his bottle and then after that its impossible to get him back to sleep with out just giving in and putting him in our bed where he will then sleep till about 3:30 and then wants to eat again and then gets up around 7am. Im at my wits end im tired i havnt had a full nights sleep since i was pregnant lol. I know every child is different but how can i help him go sleep in his bed like he does but stay there and not want his bottle? I dont believe in CIO i tried it it didnt work he just got more mad so dont recommend that please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• have you tried feeding him oatmeal before bed?
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 3:37 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Well...here's the good news. He's normal.

Here's the bad news...you don't get to have a full night's sleep, ever again. It's the "mom tax." **grin**

Seriously..pick up a copy of "The No Cry Sleep SOlution." Or try googling "elizabeth Pantley." I will say that yours sleeps better than mine did.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:38 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I think you need to stop listening to other people tell you that or expecting him to be able to sleep through the night, truth is MANY kids/babies aren't sleeping through the night at his age but all the stories you hear will make you feel like he's the only one and you are SO tired so you believe it. My son wasn't sleeping through the night til I had to do CRI at 8 months but that was due to the severity of his colic also, I know you don't believe it CIO so healthy sleep habits, happy baby/child have some great methods for getting your baby to sleep and stop waking from HABIT for bottles.. which is priobably what your little one is waking from
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 6:02 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I just got my 7 month old sleeping through the night. Before he would wake up 3 times. I stopped brestfeeding him throughout the night, and just started feeding him more filling foods like baby sweet corn & mashed potatos before bed. Other tricks are, keep it dark in his bedroom, that way when he wakes up theres not much to look at, or if your the one who gets him everynight start borrowing a recently worn swetter from your spouce. This way the baby knows they wont be getting any milk from 'dad'. Or for your bath time rutine use johnsons bedtime wash and losions.
    ness_033

Answer by ness_033 at 1:52 PM on Oct. 21, 2009