Does anyone else have puppies they have to take care of along with baby/toddlers?

I got my husband a pit bull puppy for his birthday....he works so I take care of it and on top of that my 4 lb dog had puppies and there is one still here that I am trying to ween, and my dog doesn't want to leave the puppy and as a result messes all over the bathroom all day long...I also have a 17 month old who is very active..anyone else dealing with this? anyone have any advice on how to deal without going crazy and killing a dog? (JK wouldn't kill any of them)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Pets

• Yes...I had that same issue. My husband got me a shih tzu puppy for my birthday. I also had a 5 month old, a 2 year old and a four year old at the time. I would do the usual things but I would always tie the puppy leash to my belt loop, that way I would always know what the pup was doing. And I always put her in her crate when we would leave the house (she would never poo in it) Trixie (our shih tzu) is now 9 mths old and potty trained. I only feed her twice a day (1/2 cup at a time) and about 30 minutes after she eats I take her outside to use the bathroom.
    Jen5454

Answer by Jen5454 at 9:26 PM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Fix the dog that had the puppies....that problem solved. Train the dog to go in a certain spot, like a puppy pad or something.

Other than that, just keep on top of things.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 3:37 PM on Oct. 21, 2009