Paint that works on pumpkins

May sound silly, but i have a 20 month old daugther and we got her a pumpkin. She is so interested in it, but i dont want to carve it, plus its a smaller one so there isnt much you can do with it. She is really into finger paints and coloring, and i was wondering if there is anything i can use for her to paint or color her pumpkin??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• my nieces and i just used the regular watercolor paints,
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 3:44 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• acrylic paint works fine, but may need multiple coats. If she wants to just hand paint on it, acrylics are nice too. I have used those, and spray painted pumpkins. Actually- you can see my pumpkins on dailybuzz right now! those are done with regular craft acrylic paint (about .60c per bottle)
    http://www.cafemom.com/dailybuzz/home_garden/7927/Scary_Halloween_Pumpkin_Bats_Make_Your_Own
    LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 1:37 PM on Oct. 21, 2009